🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: You have not activated the Google sign in...
Page options
bc2858a8
Community Member

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.

I already have an account on **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Even posted a job and also done payments twice. And now when I log in it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

289 REPLIES 289
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I got the same issue as well with my gmail account. I created a new account just to reply and ask for help with regards to that issue. Thank you!

Hi Charlo,

Could you please send me a PM by clicking on my name and kindly share the details of the account you're referring to so I can check? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ad95451c
Community Member

Same as Charlo D, I got the same issue with my Google account. I created a new account just to reply and ask for help with regards to that issue. Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Romain,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request, including a username and email address of the account you need help with? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dcfda4cd
Community Member

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

Please help

Account: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Original email:**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi An,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via an email to assist you further with logging into your account. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
56fa0ec5
Community Member

Hi,

My supervisor has invited me to join their team on Upwork.

However, when I try to log in, I get the error message; you have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.

Kindly resolve this issue with regard to my business email,

**Edited for community guidelines**

Please note that the issue needs to be resolved for my business email mentioned above, and not the account that I'm writing to you from.

Thanks,

Mani

Hi Mani,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b94c045a
Community Member

Hello! I also need help. I recently changed the email address attached to my Upwork account and got the error.

Hi Mary Ann,

I can see that our team already assisted you with your concern. If you need further assistance, please feel free to update the ticket, and our team will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6932f386
Community Member

@Bojan S: i am getting the same error for my work email. 

"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." 

who can help? and what are the inputs you need from my end. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Prasanjit,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Victor, 

It looks like you were able to log in using your Google account credentials recently. Is there any specific issue you need help with?

~ Avery
Upwork
5006dc6e
Community Member

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address. 

I am getting this everytime I try to log into my account since I changed my email. Can you please help me

Hi there,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b8d4a5f2
Community Member

Hello Luiggi,
I have the same problem:
"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."
I had to registreted this account to get support. Please help me.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Guram,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b8d4a5f2
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I sent you an email yesterday, but I havn't received any support, yet.
Please, answer me.

Thank you,
Guram

4d49b7af
Community Member

I have the same problem

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address, 

How can I fix it? Can someone help me, Please

Hi Sd,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance regarding your concern. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I got the same issue as well with my gmail account. I created a new account just to reply and ask for help with regards to that issue. Thank you!

Hi Mohammed, 

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with my gmail account. I created an account to reply, because the bot couldn't understand the problem. 

Hi Mehtap,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Bojan, help please, my primary gmail account has been compromised and so I updated my Upwork gmail. now can't sign in, same concern "you have not activated google sign in method for this account..."

Thanks,
Louise

Hi Mary,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
72d4aec9
Community Member

I am trying to log into our business account with Upwork and I just keep getting this message - it won't let me log in using the email and password.  Can you help me please? "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

Hi Pamela,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
d82539a6
Community Member

Hello, I already have an account, not this one,  And now when I log in it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

any help?

Hi Diego,

Since there are private details involved, could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
e1b709c6
Community Member

Hi,

My colleague and I are both experiencing this issue where we are locked out of our upwork accounts with the error: "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." Can a moderator please help us address this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

hi i am a content writer and looking for permament project to continue my study becuase there is no support for me in my family i am studying on my own behalf so kindly provide me work its my humble request

5492ff63
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kam,

I can see that the person you're referring to has already reached out to our team via ticket. Our team will follow up with them and will assist them further.
They can also reach out to our team via one of our social media channels if they need further help. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,
I'm having the same problem, I changed my email yesterday and now am locked out with this error message.
Although I am still signed in on my phone.
I'd appreciate help, thanks.

Hi Nicholas,

Could you please try going to Settings > Connected Services and disabling Google Sign in from your phone?

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths