🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: You have not activated the Google sign in...
Page options
bc2858a8
Community Member

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.

I already have an account on **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Even posted a job and also done payments twice. And now when I log in it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

289 REPLIES 289

I made this account to get a reply I have the same issue login into my account. You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address.

please resolve my issue

Hi Usama,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

please check private message

I am also facing same issue. I have changed my email recently. I had to create this upwork account to get help. 
It's showing: You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account and email you are referring to?

~ Nikola
Upwork

help me

I am having the same issue and am unable to log in. I had to create a seperate account just to post here. Can you or someone else help?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Taejong,

Thank you for your message. I am unable to find any linked account to the shared email address. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
elteroff
Community Member

So I changed yesterday my e-mail and I can't log in with that new email .It says You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.It only work with that old email or google account. Thank you!

Hi Hristijan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
f1166cae
Community Member

Hi -- I am having the same issue and am unable to log in. I had to create a seperate account just to post here. Can you or someone else help?

Hi Sam,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your account. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern. You should also be able to access the ticket via the email that's registered to the account in question.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Same as Charlo D, I got the same issue with my Google account. I created a new account just to reply and ask for help with regards to that issue. Thank you!

Hi Ly,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue with your account. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello there. I also have the same problem. I made this fake account because my reall one cannot be opened. Please help

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, 

I have asked for the help of the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you directly through the email address associated with this account and assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I recieve the following error message when im trying to sign in with my google account. I had to create a new account just to login to get help.

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.
 Thanks.

Kiki
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kiki,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can't log in either!

I need to access my account, I ended up creating a new one just so I can message you

Hi Arron,

I'd like to look into this for you. Please send me your Upwork registered email and username via PM by clicking on my name so I can check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi! I have the same rpoblem as WeE and Charlo D.: "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." But this is on my phone app. Please help!

Catalina.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Catalina.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am a new freelancer. I am trying to change my work emial id and getting a notification that " You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.". Please help

Hi Bindu,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
5b98e062
Community Member

I have same problem "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I created this account to request help 

Hi Mohammed,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi i have an account already but suddenly i forgot my password and then when i changed it and try to log in it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." btw this is my new account

Hi Roselle,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello

How are you doing?

I can't access upwork platform using gmail.com

**Edited for community guidelines**

this is mine.

Please check and let me know.

Thank you.

Hi there,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address

Hi Dr. Abid,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am facing the same problem so i made new account to reply.
i was not using upwok for few months and now i am unable to log in to my account.

It says to use some other log in method. 
Please Help

Hi Sundas,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork

hi, i am having issue with the log in on my account because of the whole activation of google sign in issue because i have not log in upwork for few months.

now it has made a new account with the same email id which i have deleted. how can i restore my old account on upwork and deactivate this new one?

so i made a new account to seek help.

Hi! I am having the same trouble. I also had to create a new account to get support. Thanks!

HI Fran,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your account. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello,
Were you able to fix the issue?, thank you.

Hi Fernando,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

I need help with the same thing. I am able to log in on my mac but I can't log in on my chrome book. it's telling me I haven't activated google sign in. thank you for any help 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brahmananda,

Please go to Settings>Connected Services on your account and disable Google Sign-In. Afterwards, please try to log in by using your username/account email address and your password.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths