🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: You have not activated the Google sign in...
Page options
bc2858a8
Community Member

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.

I already have an account on **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Even posted a job and also done payments twice. And now when I log in it shows me "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

289 REPLIES 289

i am trying to login with my **Edited for Community Guidelines**but is giving me this error below:

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address.

what can I do? i need documentation of work that I hired for.

Hi Pedro,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your account. We're having one of our agents reach out to you directly for assistance with that account. You should be able to see a message from the team through the email that's associated with it.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." 

Help please ""

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammed Ahmed,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you need help with? I'll be sure to check it and assist you accordingly. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Alexsandar , please ask someone to reach out as I cannot sign into my account I'm having the same issue, "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." thanks James

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi James, 

I have asked the help of the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you through a support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hey Aleksandar, 

I have the same issue. could you please help? 

I made a new account just so I can recover the original one. 

Would greatly appreciate it.  

Hi Salma, 

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts as this is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

I am having the same problem. Everytime I try to login, I get the same error, "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." I am not sure what's wrong with my log in cause it was working before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Zeeshan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I got the same issue. I updated my email address, but can't log in using the new one, and has a message: You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address.
please help I needed to use the new one to log in for security purposes.

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I am experiencing the same problem. My email is **Edited for Community Guidelines** Please help

Hi Diya,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through a support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have the same problem, I can't use my account so I created another one in order to write this message...

Hi there,

Could you please send me a PM with the details of the account that's having a problem? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,

I'm having the same error logging in using the google sign-in method. It says "You have not activated the Google sign-in method for this account. Please choose another sign-in method for this email address." I needed to create a new account to send you a message. Hoping that you can help me out.

Thanks!

Hi Jamil,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have the same issue. 

Hi Charalampos,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information? Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

I got the same issue as well with my gmail account ( **Edited for Community Guidelines** ) please send me via this email to help me.
. I created a new account just to reply and ask for help with regards to that issue. Thank you!

Hi Fady,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here . Please close the duplicate account once your account is restored.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

me too got the same issue as well with my other gmail account.

I created this new account just to reply and ask for help

with regards to that issue. Thank you!

I have exactly the same problem with my main account, how can I get help?

I have the same problem with my gmail account as well, please help me out asap!
Thanks.

saqibnoor007_0-1673106530362.png

Hi Saqib,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dolbaebi-suka
Community Member

I got the same issue as well with my gmail account after change email in profile settings. I created a new account just to reply and ask for help with regards to that issue. Thank you!

Hi Suka,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request, including a username and email address of the account you need help with? I’ll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
399c2772
Community Member

I'm having the same problem described above, I'm trying to sign into the upwork app, and it keeps giving me the same error message about activating the google sign in method

Hi Sam,

Could you please clarify if you're having trouble signing in to the Desktop App or the Mobile App?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
399c2772
Community Member

The mobile app

Thanks for clarifying, Sam. I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e095331b
Community Member

I too have the same problem. I cannot log in to my account because it says "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address." Please help. I had to create this account to contact your support.

Hi there,

Can you please send me the details of the account that needs assistance? You may send me a private message by clicking my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
mcasiraghi
Community Member

I have the same problem with my original Upwork Account.  I had to create this one just to post this message and be able to contact somebody at Upwork's Help Desk.

Please helo me restore access to my original account.

Hi Marcos,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
fe0055bd
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I am also having a problem accessing my upwork account linked to my company email. I am also getting the message that reads:

"You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account. Please choose another sign in method for this email address."

I created an alternative account with my personal email address, but I would highly appreciate it if you could help me getting access through my company email (i.e.,**Edited for Community Guidelines** ).

Best,

George

Hi George,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having the same issue. I have my main company account under another email, and this one as a team member. Now after deleting & recreating the admin email it gives me this error when trying to do SSO with Google. Please advise how I can get the main account back as I need to handle a failed payment with a replacement card ASAP.

Hi Julian,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths