🐈
» Forums » Clients » access to "Work Description"
Page options
abrunger
Community Member

access to "Work Description"

To I hire an individual for a specific hourly project, I click on the Hire button on their profile, advance to another screen labelled "Contract Details", where there is a field marked "Work Description". After completing this and submitting it, I seem to lose access to that text, though it would form a critical part of our contract. 

I looked around but I cannot find it, neither in the project description after the offer is accepted, nor in the Modify Offer screen of a Pending Offer (yellow rectangle in the attached screenshot.)

Where is it?

7 REPLIES 7
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andre,

I see you submitted a support request last week regarding this problem and our team advised that the issue you experienced was resolved. I see you recently responded on the ticket and our team will follow up with more information soon. Let us know if you experience a similar problem with one of your future offers.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Yes, they did tell me it was resolved. But not how or in what way it was resolved. Within an hour, I told them it was never resolved for me.

There has been silence for another four days, no response or acknowledgement.

And today I am experiencing the same problem today on another pending contract, with the freelancer waiting to receive a detailed "Work Description" that I already submitted. (Unfortunately I did not save a local copy of it.)

I thought I might be able to get another answer here that would allow me to retrieve it, since he is waiting. 

Maybe it's just my fault, not noticing some obvious link somewhere?

I hope I am not out of line. Just let me know if I should not be raising this here.

I would be most pleased to get a proper response from the support team on this ticket that is now 9 days old. Thanks!

Hi Andre,

I see you updated your ticket earlier today and will ask our team to follow up and investigate your latest report. We'll update you directly and if needed investigate the resolved issue again to confirm whether there is or isn't a bug. Thank you for reporting.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
7df67e7a
Community Member

What was the resolution to this?  I'm having the exact same problem.

Hi Eric,

Sorry to hear you are also experiencing the issue. One of our agents will be reaching out to you directly via a ticket regarding the problem shortly.

~Nina
fa5c8945
Community Member

Looks like this is still in issue 4 years later? I submitted a very detailed work description to find that there is no trace of it any where.. How can I access previously submitted work descriptions? has this been actually fixed? the problem in my case is that the job was rejected by upwork since my account was new. I added all the needed information aftwards, but I am unable to see it in "past contracts" or some such place

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ahmed,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths