cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am hiring but when I try to update settings it keeps asking me to add profile

David J Member Since: Jun 10, 2016
1 of 7

I am hiring but when I try to update settings upwork  keeps asking me to add profile -

2 of 7

I am a hirer looking for freelancers - I should not have to enter a profile ..

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 7

You set up a freelancer profile instead of a client profile.

Go to your Settings - scroll down and then click on Create a company (bottom left) - and then Create a Client Company.

client.jpg

4 of 7

Thanks  i may have clicked on teh freelancer ( but I dont think so)   but still I would change but it does not give me that option ... as I said when I click on settings I only get the dialogue to enter your profile  - I am using Chrome , and same on Internet Explorer..

all i see  is :

Capture.PNG

Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
5 of 7

@David J wrote:

Thanks  i may have clicked on teh freelancer ( but I dont think so)   but still I would change but it does not give me that option ... as I said when I click on settings I only get the dialogue to enter your profile  - I am using Chrome , and same on Internet Explorer..

all i see  is :

Capture.PNG

You certainly are in the freelancer's profile. Follow Petra's explanation.

6 of 7
I would if ther WAS an option to scroll down. ... But as I said there is NO. Option to scroll down and click on company etc ... It just insists on setting up a profile for a freelancer .. So explain that !!??!!
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7

Hi David,

It looks like the team has already assisted you with the issue and it has been resolved. Please, let us know if you have any questions.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS