🐈
» Forums » Clients » billing method
Page options
66d72958
Community Member

billing method

Can you help us? We need to hire people for software development. We got the money from a contest supervised by World Bank. We can pay only by wire transfer from Mexico City (international transfer) to Upworks account in the USA. Two question: is it possible for you to accept this method of payment? Can you provide an invoice of each job? Thank you for your reply.

By the way, I did not find a place where to ask this question directly to a staff of Upwork... after navigating for an hour ... ufff!

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you were unable to post a ticket to the Upwork Costumer Support Team. You should be able to file a ticket by filing a ticket on this page.

Please see this help article to know which billing methods are available on Upwork. I will also ask a member of the Customer Support Team to reach out to you about your concern so that they can check if there are other available options for you.

~ Avery
Upwork
bigbangking
Community Member

As of April,2018 UpWork doesn't support payment or any transaction by wire transfer.

With current terms, the prize money requires to be transfered by following international payment systems.

From this article of billing methods, UpWork  specifies current accepted billing methods which are : Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express cards, PayPal and Bank Account options for U.S. clients with U.S. bank accounts.

Quote:

The option to enroll in bank account billing will only be available to those with a qualifying Upwork history. If you see it as an option in your Billing Methods, you are eligible. In order to use your bank account as your billing method, you must:

• Have a US billing address and bank account (personal or business, checking or savings)
  • Have a qualifying Upwork history including having spent at least $1,000 and at least a 12-month history of on-time payments
  • Keep a credit card or PayPal as a backup billing method
Latest Articles
Learning Paths