🐈
» Forums » Clients » cad work done incorrectly
Page options
7b8593dd
Community Member

cad work done incorrectly

Hi! We hired a top rated draftsman through upwork to complete some work on an existing cad prior to build. 

Intially, we thought he did a great job. He even made a free 3D rendering of the house. 

I paid him. 

I saw later that none of the door schedule or window schedule matched. I told him. He fixed some of the window schedule and said doors were fine. 

My builder asked for a few more tchnical changes prior to build. 

I hired another archetect off upwork to compplete. She opened the cad prieviously worked on my prior freelancer though upwork and said it was the biggest mess shes seen in 30 yrs as an archetect. I can't open CAD on my computer so of course I didnt know. He had taken my oprigonal cad files and redrawn from scratch but they were dont incorrectly. The roofline I paid him to draw she compared to a child with crayons as it had no specificity for a builder to actually be able to build the roof. Suffice to say, she spent 30 hrs fixing it and i paid her 3x as much. Worth every penny. 

I reached out to the previous freelancer to discuss and he will not respond. I would like at least some of my money back. Really crazy I cant alter my review either. Do i have any recourse at all or just got dupped out of $600? Def wont be uding upwork again nor recommending to friends. 

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Amelia,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with your freelancer. In a case like this, we always recommend to communicate and politely explain everything to your freelancer to avoid any misunderstanding and attempt to resolve the situation amicably. Since we're talking about a payment that has been already made, you may want to know that for any payments made within the past 180 days, you can request a refund from the freelancer. Here's a help article that further explains how you can request a refund - https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062088-Request-a-Refund. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths