🐈
» Forums » Clients » can a contractor see my uploaded files after ...
Page options
tonifitzgerald
Community Member

can a contractor see my uploaded files after the contract is ended?

I am wanting to know if a contractor see my uploaded files after the contract is ended?

He is still messaging me, even though I ended the contact 24 hours ago, for non performance.

I am concerned he can still access the files I upload.   And therefore should I be removing the files?

I have not worked out how to do that as yet

thanks

Toni

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Toni,

I apologize for the delayed reply. I've shared your concern with the team, and they have confirmed that one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you so much for your help and for escalating my concern.

appreciated.

and I have received a message from Support.

thanking you

Toni

I hope you receive assistance that you are looking for.

But as a reality check:
- If you previously provided a freelancer access to files, then the freelancer has those files on her computer already. Preventing the freelancer from downloading those files AGAIN directly from Upwork doesn't change the fact that she already has the files.

- The freelancer is no longer working for you. The freelancer has no interest in your files. They were only something she had access to so that she could earn money working for you. Now that she no longer works for you, the files are meaningless to her and worthless to her. She'll probably just delete them.

you are right, thanks for your support on this

you are appreciated

thanks
Toni
Latest Articles
Learning Paths