cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: can i reopen a freelancers contract that was closed in error

Ron S Member Since: Apr 12, 2019
1 of 5

After closing a contract with a potential writer, some clarification has been recieved. I would like to reopen the contract with this writer. How can this be done.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

re: "can i reopen a freelancers contract that was closed in error"

Upwork has no such functionality.

There is no button for re-opening a contract.

BUT: It is easy to create a new contract.

And you can even RE-USE an existing contract, creating a new contract based on an old contract.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3 of 5

Hi Ron,

If your contract is closed, then you won't be able to reopen it. You can re-hire your Freelancer and create a new contract. 

Please let us know if any further assistance is required.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 5

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Ron,

If your contract is closed, then you won't be able to reopen it. You can re-hire your Freelancer and create a new contract. 

Please let us know if any further assistance is required.

Thank you.

Bojan,

Why is the option for a freelancer to propose a new contract never suggested? I've used this feature a few times and it works quite well for everyone involved.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 5

Ron S wrote:

After closing a contract with a potential writer, some clarification has been recieved. I would like to reopen the contract with this writer. How can this be done.

Or ... you can ask your freelancer to "propose new contract", which I just suggested to a freelancer in another thread. (maybe it's your freelancer?)

Have them go to either their closed contracts page, or your shared message room - see screenshots.

closed contract page.pngCLOSED CONTRACT PAGE

message room page.pngMESSAGE ROOM PAGE

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS