🐈
» Forums » Clients » cannot verify, need work fast
Page options
dab6d64c
Community Member

cannot verify, need work fast

Hi, new to upwork and not impressed frankly. Freelance is fine but the platform is buggy and poorly designed/tested. I cannot pay for an urgent contract because upwork hasn't sent the transactions to the card yet. I need the contract finished very urgently (i'm negotiating with someone) this delay is expensive far beyond the contract costs.

Doubt i'll be using upwork again sadly, very annoyed at how difficult it is to get support.

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi John,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this ha caused you.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

this is totally unacceptable. your  verification is already costing me money in exchange fees and now your verification system is totally broken, this is not, in anyway, professional.

Hi John,

I would like just to confirm that the two small charges that were made to verify your billing method will be refunded back to you. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I know you'll refund that. My CC charges for USD transactions though. I'm guessing you won't refund those charges though? Still waiting for a ticket from your collegue 

Have had to call my bank and guess which transactions they were, it's very unclear when you say"they'll total $10" but we see it in our currency. 

Job is done and done well (thanks to the freelancer) but not impressed with upwork at all

FWIW, John, I'm a Freelancer and have never been a Client here.  However, several of my Clients have utilized other platforms in addition to Upwork.  They all state that Upwork is the best.  No, Upwork is not perfect; none of them are.   

thanks Pat, I appreciate your point. I guess the thing that worries me most is UpWorks total lack of concern for user experience. I've just had the most patronising, tone deaf response from "support", all platforms have bugs, I get that, but at least try and fix them

this mess almost cost me a seriously important deal, not because of ANYTHING other than UpWorks poor implementation of cc verification. Does UpWork care? Not in the slightest. It's that attitude that is the biggest issue. 

You're welcome, John.  I can sincerely appreciate your concerns and am sorry you've experienced negative issues here but glad you didn't lose the deal.

Another suggestion that may further assist your perception is to consider Customer Service for many companies these days.  Personally I've noticed it's been drastically declining over the past few years with numerous companies I've dealt with.  Unfortunately it may be a sign of the times. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths