🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: change OFFER from hourly to fixed price
Page options
356eb40c
Community Member

change OFFER from hourly to fixed price

Hello,

I posted an offer. Many freelancers replied with a fixed price offer, and I think it is a good idea. Hovever when I want to edit the offer, I click on budget and see only hourly rate and duration change! How frustrating. Any idea how I can change my offer to a fixed price? I have not hired anybody yet! 
I read other posts, and it was only for contracts, not for offers.

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Raphael,

Unfortunately you won't be able to change your job post to a fixed price. But you can change between hourly and fixed price contracts when you`re sending an offer to your freelancer/s.

Once you click on the Hire button you will be taken to a new window > Under the Terms tab, on the right side you will see a green hyperlink "Switch to fixed-price" > once this is clicked you will be able to send an offer as a fixed price contract.  If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Raphael,

Unfortunately you won't be able to change your job post to a fixed price. But you can change between hourly and fixed price contracts when you`re sending an offer to your freelancer/s.

Once you click on the Hire button you will be taken to a new window > Under the Terms tab, on the right side you will see a green hyperlink "Switch to fixed-price" > once this is clicked you will be able to send an offer as a fixed price contract.  If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Is it possible to change the payment terms after an offer is made? How does one do that?

my client made an hourly offer by mistake while we agreed on a fixed price. He needs to change that so we can begin work. Please help urgently.

S

Hi Shweta,

On the Offer page, your client can edit and change the 'Payment option' to modify the offer to be a Fixed-Priced instead of an Hourly. You can check out this screenshot and this one for reference.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi

Only client change offer option (hourly to fixed) or freelancer can change too?

Hi Sagar,

At the moment only clients have the option to change their offers from hourly to fixed price and vice versa. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

Joining few years later on this thread - it is possible to change the offer for freelancer from hourly to fixed rate now? Thank you.

Hi Veronika,

It's not possible to change the offer, but your client can withdraw the offer and send you a new one with the correct contract type. You can refer to the screenshots I shared here for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I do not  see a green hyperlink "Switch to fixed-price" under the terms tab once I click on hire.

Can you help me here.

Thanks, Alden

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alden,

It looks like you have initiated the support ticket for this concern. One of our agents will follow up with you directly to look into this and assist you accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
28ff3aed
Community Member

I don't see it either! What is the problem? you could try to answer and save us all some time!

Hi Juan,

Thank you for reaching out. The type of job post (hourly or fixed) is one of the things that can't be edited once a job is posted. The good news is, you can change the offer you'll send to a freelancer to fixed-price if needed. You'll see that option on the "Terms" section of the offer page. If you need further assistance, please let us know so we can further assist you!

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths