🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: change account type
Page options
leviathan3
Community Member

change account type

How can i change my profile to client type?
I didn't complete freelance registration.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dimitry,

I'll ask our team to close your account and release the email, so you'll be able to sign up for a client account. I'll follow up to confirm once you can proceed with creating a new account.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dimitry,

I'll ask our team to close your account and release the email, so you'll be able to sign up for a client account. I'll follow up to confirm once you can proceed with creating a new account.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Could you please ask the team to do the same for my account?

Thank you in advance.

Best

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Dimitry,

Hi Dejan,

Could you please click on your name in the upper right corner while logged into your existing account and go to Settings> Create a company. You should be able to create a client account this way now.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Dear Valeria,

Thank you! I was being constantly redirected to complete my "freelancer" profile. Now it changed.

Best regards,

Dejan

Hi

I need to change my account type to "Freelancer" instead of client. Kindly release the email id so i can signup again. Thank you very much.

Never mind 🙂 I just created the account by using Ryan method

Hi Vladimir, 

Can you release my email, **edited for Community Guidelines**.  I closed the account today so I could then create a client account and it seems if the email is still locked in the system. Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bryce, 

I asked the help of the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you directly through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

ETA: It looks like you will not need a ticket anymore. You should be able to use the email address associated with the old account in your client account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
7d332262
Community Member

I am still unable to use that email.  I should be creating a new account right?

Hi Bryce,

Someone from our team has reached out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dimitry,

You're good to go, please go through the client resources we shared here before posting your first job on Upwork.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
a09cb99b
Community Member

I'm having the same issue with changing my account type - I signed up to be a client but meant to sign up to be a freelancer so I can be hired.

Please help!

Hi  Connie,

You can retain your client account and also send a proposal for job post to get hired as a freelancer. Please click on this link Client and Freelancer account set up

Untitled
Latest Articles
Learning Paths