cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change feedback

Geoff B Member Since: Sep 8, 2017
11 of 15

he did not provide the source code.....not being knowledgeable in software, i requested something to provide a specific outcome, it is only know as i try and find soemeone to fix it I discover i need the source code and dont have it

12 of 15

B is correct, i recived the executable file....my bad for not realising that was all I had...

I need the source code so I can engage someone els to sort for me 

Community Leader
Andrei T Member Since: Aug 30, 2016
13 of 15

It doesn't look like the freelancer had much to gain from not providing the source files. He might have tried to hold on to them only to assure a continuation of the contract.

But he does not want to continue working with you, so the value of keeping those files is exactly zero for him.

So....

either he did in fact send the files but you didn't realize it (you can check everything he sent one more time just to be 100% positive on this) OR he kept the files on purpose as a result of some possible misunderstandings between you two.

Or maybe he simply did a VERY bad job, and he knows it! In this case, you don’t want that code anyway Smiley Happy

But make no mistake: YOU did a very bad job too! It’s the client’s responsibility (in general, not just on Upwork) to check the scope and quality of the job before releasing funds, ending the contract, and leaving feedback. One you do these things, there is no turning back. Make sure you treat this as a valuable lesson.

14 of 15

I have just an hour ago received the source code....maybe from pressure from support or maye this thread.

I dont know how useless it is (if I did I would not need an expert) but at least now I can give it to someone else and pay them to start again or fix the problem. Rest assured it will not be someone from Upwork.....why would it be?

The message I seem to be getting from you all is that I should take some responsibility for not getting what I paid for, I may be hiding something because a freelance has nothing to gain from ripping people off, I should get over it and move on, I shouldn't take it personally etc...

You are all part of the upwork community, you are as strong as your weakest link. Your success to a greater or lessor degree is codependent on each other.

Your clients perceived stupidity, naivety is no excuse for not fulfilling a contract. I did keep up my end of the bargain, there is no escaping that. Your fellow freelancer representing your community did not. Those are the facts. I am happy for upling to release all communications...I have nothing to hide.....or gain.. by making a fuss. I am the one out of pocket

Remember too,  that people come to service providers like you because you have the expert, not them. You cannot then turn it into a game and say they should try and catch me out and see where I have done a poor job, or don't know how to do what i said I could do and have taken money for doing. You have a responsibilty to perform, my responsibilty is to pay.

Of course I should have looked more closely at what I got. Of course it now seems I should have had a deep mistrust of one of your fellow freelancers rather than naively, stupidly it seems, expecting that someone would honour their agreement.

Of course I will move on ....and turn my back on Upwork. Good luck....you all need to understand your busines model better if you are to succeed

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
15 of 15

I feel bad for for any client who has a negative experience with a freelancer on Upwork.

Nobody wants that.

This thread illustrates an important concept that all Freelancers and Upwork employees should keep in mind:

Clients regard Upwork freelancers as representatives of Upwork as a whole.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS