🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: change fixed-price contract terms
Page options
6585f01c
Community Member

change fixed-price contract terms

Dear sir,

I enter into a crontract with a frelancer. (ID 24192356) . Unfortunately, he couldn't  deliver on time the software and I lose my client. After quite lengthy discussions with the freelancer ,we therefore agreed in a discounted price. Because this is first time for me with upwork, I just want  your ongoing support  for amending the contract without mistakes (change the amount of fixed-price and claim reimbursement for the excess amount. Also I need to modify the due time).

Best

GG

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Giorgio,

You can also release a partial amount on your contract and request a refund on the remaining funds in Escrow.
To learn more about releasing a partial amount, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Many thanks for answer, unfortunately I still have some concerns:  predetermined payout was 2200 $, we decided for 2000 $, with the introduction of a 1000 $, milestone to psy this week. Is it possible to modify the contract in this way?  I can see only the button "Pay now" without other options. 

Thanks for support!! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Giorgio,

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change the amount of a funded milestone. However, as Goran noted, you can click on Pay Now button and you'll see an option to edit the amount you'll be releasing to the freelancer. So when you're ready to pay the freelancer, you could edit that amount and pay less than what was funded. Then you'll be able to request for the remainder of the funds to be returned to you when you close the contract. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
6585f01c
Community Member

Many thanks. So if I correctly understood I will press PAY NOW, and after I will PRESS button PAY in the payment's page and there will be option to choose another amount right? I'm a bit afraid to press button PAY .So please confirm I got it right )) 

Thanks in advance

Hi Giorgio,

Yes that is correct. Once you click on Pay Now you will be directed to a new window where you can edit the amount that you would like to release towards the freelancer. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

After pressing the button PAY NOW, In the new window (as you can see from the image attached ) I can't change anything. I can only press the button PAY. So I ask again: Should I press this button for have access to the items on the menu you mentioned ?

Best

GG

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Giorgio,

Once you click on the Pay button a new Window will be shown to you. Here you will have a pencil case next to the amount and once you`ve clicked on the pencil case you will be edited.
If something is still confusing, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear Goran, I feel really stupid, but I cant find any pencil case. Please check the attachemnt it is what I have on the new windows. No way to modify nothing. 

Hi Giorgio,

I`m sorry about the confusion. Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and share more details with you. Once your ticket is created you will be able to access it Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths