🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: change milestone payment / end contract e...
Page options
juliedulong
Community Member

change milestone payment / end contract early

I've closed a project early and agreed upon a lesser milestone payment with my freelancer.

All the support docs say to go to MY JOBS > REVIEW & PAY but there is no REVIEW & PAY when I click on MY JOBS.

Help!

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Julie D wrote:

I've closed a project early and agreed upon a lesser milestone payment with my freelancer.

All the support docs say to go to MY JOBS > REVIEW & PAY but there is no REVIEW & PAY when I click on MY JOBS.

If you "closed the project" - isn't the contract ended?

And did you actually fund the milestone you are trying to pay less on. On your My Jobs page, do you see the contract?

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

YES the milestone was funded and I can see the contract.

On the contract I only see the option to Pay.

Also, by closed the project, I mean that it needs to end early.

The freelancer and I have come to an agreement but how do I change the contract/milestone to reflect it.

Hi Julie,

To release a partial milestone amount for work submitted:

1. Select the contract from Jobs  My Jobs and click Review & Pay
  2. Choose Approve & Pay
  3. Click the pencil icon 
  4. Enter the amount to be released
  5. Click Send Payment

To learn more about this check out this Help Article under the section "Release less than the full amount". If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

There is no "REVIEW & PAY"

I already saw that in the help docs

See screenshots.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Julie,

I`m sorry about the confusion. The reason why you don't the button on your end is not listed as Review & Pay is because your freelancer hasn't submitted a payment request.

Please click on the Pay Now button > You will see a new window where you can review the details > Click the Pay button at the bottom again > On the new window you will be able to edit the amount released and chose to keep the contract open or close it (this is the window under step 3 that is listed in our guide).

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks!

Will give it a try and confirm when complete.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths