🐈
» Forums » Clients » changing project duration
Page options
ayman-said
Community Member

changing project duration

hello , i want to know how to change Project Duration, i finish the job post but it didn't give me the option to specify the project duration, it assumes that the project wi take 3-6 months while it should take 2-3 days

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ayman, 

You should be able to change the duration of the project by choosing one of of options under the "How long do you think this project will take?" drop-down menu. Let us know if you're unable to do that so that we can assist you further.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b1d5f2a2
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I have been looking for that dropdown and can't find it. According to the Review project view, it should be in the "Budget" section of the job posting creation, but it simply isn't.

Hi Nicholas,

Could you please click on the job, and then scroll down to the budget section and click on the pencil icon as shown in this screenshot? Please let us know if you still experience issues updating the duration. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

hello , i want to know how to change Project Duration,  when i open the dropdown it takes these option. 

1. More than 6 months

2. 3 to 6 months

3. 1 to 3 months

4. Less than 1 month

but i do job 2-3 days how can i select other option.

Hi there,

Those are the only options available. You can choose the one closest and explain on your proposal that you can submit the deliverable in two days.

~ AJ
Upwork

I was having this same issue. If you change your project from a "Pay a fixed price" to "Pay an hourly price", you will see the option to change the project duration. After you select your desired duration, change it back to "Pay a fixed price". Click that update button and you are good to go!

I find it odd that you can only change the project duration when you select the hourly price. 

Thanks, Terry. This is definitely a bug 😞

Latest Articles
Learning Paths