🐈
» Forums » Clients » client account verification
Page options
kagika
Community Member

client account verification

Hello,

I  was wondering if any of you may know why this could happen, one of my long term clients how has been Member Since Jan 30, 2013 on upwork  suddenly got a request to verify his account and he sent his paper and passport  and it's been taking far too long to verify his account and he keeps sending emails so they could solve this issue so he can resume work here but with no reply from upwork  

So I was wondering why after being a member for almost 8 years they would ask him to re verify his account again and now he is thinking of moving his work to another platform since this issue is not getting solved quickly

So if any if you have any thoughts on this, please tell me, maybe I could help him as I do not want to lose one of my long term clients

Regards

9 REPLIES 9
mariouranjek
Community Member

Hi Aiat,

It is usually not a big deal, Upwork says that it may include random checks to maintain the integrity of the marketplace.

The verification shouldn't take more than 2 days tho, that is, if all the instructions are followed carefully.

If he missed some of the steps he might be just prolonging the process, not risking suspension or anything like that.

best,

Mario

Will the problem here that it's been more than 2 weeks with no update from upwork after they requested his document and he sent them a mail again a couple of days back asking them either to solve this issue or to inform him if there is anything else need from his side so that they would not waste any more time on this

cupidmedia
Community Member

If you personally have been working with the client for more than 2 years, and you trust that there's nothing else dodgy going on, there's no penalty from Upwork to you to move off the platform. But it's possible that there's something dodgy with the client's account.

Hi Jennifer.

Will I have been working with him for a while so I do trust working with him, but my issue here is that it's not like he closed his account, or it was deleted by upwork, but it's like it's on hold till they re verify him so technically he is still a client on upwork so we had to but the work I do on hold as up work clearly states that I should not accept money outside it as it's against the regulations.

And the issue has been going for 3 weeks now and the work has been piling up so when you mentioned that I won't be penalized by Upwork if we moved the work off the platform I'm confused by that so could you elaborate more on that!! As I do not want my account on upwork to be jeopardized in any way

@Aiat G wrote:

Hi Jennifer.

Will I have been working with him for a while so I do trust working with him, but my issue here is that it's not like he closed his account, or it was deleted by upwork, but it's like it's on hold till they re verify him so technically he is still a client on upwork so we had to but the work I do on hold as up work clearly states that I should not accept money outside it as it's against the regulations.

And the issue has been going for 3 weeks now and the work has been piling up so when you mentioned that I won't be penalized by Upwork if we moved the work off the platform I'm confused by that so could you elaborate more on that!! As I do not want my account on upwork to be jeopardized in any way

Refer to the User Agreement, specifically section 7, "Non-Circumvention". How long is "a while"? You MUST have been working together for longer than 24 months (specifically, it must be 24 months from the moment you first submitted a proposal to the client). If it has been longer than 24 months, you are free to move your working relationship with each other off the site, through mutual agreement. But DON'T even consider this if it has been less than 24 months.

felixmena
Community Member

Hi Aiat,

Thank you for sharing your concern.

Please note, for privacy reasons we cannot discuss the specifics of your freelancer’s account, however, I may suggest encouraging your freelancer to follow the instructions for their verification to the letter and to contact Customer Support, as explained here, for further assistance.

Felix
Untitled

@Felix M wrote:

Hi Aiat,

Thank you for sharing your concern.

Please note, for privacy reasons we cannot discuss the specifics of your freelancer’s account, however, I may suggest encouraging your freelancer to follow the instructions for their verification to the letter and to contact Customer Support, as explained here, for further assistance.

Felix, I mean no disrespect but this copy-pasting from new mods like yourself is getting out of hand. The OP is a freelancer, they CLEARLY stated it is their CLIENT'S account that is suspended and that the client has contacted Upwork already and is not getting the assistance they need.

PLEASE take a few moments to really understand the problem and perhaps customise your reply template BEFORE you reply.

Hi Jennifer,

I apologize for a clear mistake of mine and I will definitely follow your advise. Thank you for your kind support.

While I incorrectly addressed my comment, Upwork may require verification of any user to maintain the integrity of the marketplace through random checks.

Felix
Untitled
kagika
Community Member

Hi Felix,

I know that Upwork does random checks and of course and that it's thier right to maintain the integrity but, What I'm asking is why it's taking so long to verify his account and Why isn't anyone answering the multiple emails he sent as after Upwork asked for his documents he was never contacted again from upwork!!

Regards

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths