🐈
» Forums » Clients » client is not responsive and reluctant to app...
Page options
rienadire
Community Member

client is not responsive and reluctant to approve my work after 2 weeks of payment request

Hi,

I have an issue with one client. I completed my job and submitted for the payment request about 2 weeks ago. Afterwards he threw several questions and wanted an online discussion. I suggested time slot, but he didnt rely or wasnt available at that time without reply. I actually replied all his questions twice, and it seems he doesnt read the documentation and my explaination via chat. 

It seems to me that he doesnt want to pay, althought my work is complete. I would like to ask the community how to deal with this client and get my work paid.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ngoc,

While working on a Fixed-Price Contract, to ensure that you are payment protected on Upwork, we always recommend that you only submit work for the fixed-price contract through the contract page by clicking on the "Request for payment" button, which is what you did exactly. By doing so, your client has 14-days (2 more) to review the work that you have submitted. If they don't come back within 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ngoc,

While working on a Fixed-Price Contract, to ensure that you are payment protected on Upwork, we always recommend that you only submit work for the fixed-price contract through the contract page by clicking on the "Request for payment" button, which is what you did exactly. By doing so, your client has 14-days (2 more) to review the work that you have submitted. If they don't come back within 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks a lot for the quick answer Alek!

Best regards,

Ngoc N.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths