🐈
» Forums » Clients » contract ended i need to extend the contract
Page options
Community Member

contract ended i need to extend the contract

i need to extend the contract time because work is not completed but today it is showing contract ended. how can i extend the time

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

Karthik G wrote:

i need to extend the contract time because work is not completed but today it is showing contract ended. how can i extend the time

You can't. You have to start a new one.

Has it been open for 3 months without you having made any payment to the freelancer, or did the freelancer end it?

Community Member

In march i have done payment and now the project is incomplete and now it
is ended.how can i extend i have paid to Upwork the amount then what about
the amount

Hi Karthik,

Since the contract was closed now you will need to hire the freelancer on a new contract.

If you would like to extend this period you can set up multiple milestones and release smaller payments, you can also hire your freelancer on an hourly contract as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes i want to extend the period and fixed amount per milestone not on
hourly basis

Hi Karthik,

Fixed price contracts will be closed for inactivity if no funds have been exchanged for 90 days. To extend this period funds needs to be exchanged, you can do this by releasing a smaller amount or even sending a bonus. To learn more how to set up multiple milestones on your contract check out our guide Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

There are funds you can check the last transaction in month of march. So
try to extend the time of my contract

Hi Karthik,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

When will your taem will contact me regarding contract extenstion
petra_r
Community Member

Karthik G wrote:
When will your taem will contact me regarding contract extenstion

There is no way to extend an ended contract. None. It can't be done.

If you want to continue working with the freelancer, you'll need to create a new contract.

Community Member

Then my amount on upwork

Hi Karthik,

The funds have already been reversed back to your account 2 days ago, please keep in mind that it can take up to 5 business days for the funds to reflect on your account.

Our team will also resend the ticket shortly and assist you further directly on your ticket if it's needed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths