cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contractor accepted job and deadline, then disappeared

N L Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
1 of 4

What can I do if the hired contractor disappeared? We settled on fixed price, milestone deliverables and timing. I deposited funds in escrow. He accepted job then disappeared. He's not replying to my messages.  He has missed the deadline.

What can I do? What are my options? I still need the work done and now I've lost 5 days.

Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
2 of 4

If you're really in a time crunch you may want to end the contract and repost the job. Maybe review the other proposals and reach out to see if another freelancer can make your deadline. If you have made a good faith effort to contact the original freelancer and s/he has gone cold you aren't left with much other choice. 

N L Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
3 of 4

Thanks for your reply, Melissa. He was so responsive and helpful throughout the interview stage as a candidate and then after accepting offer has simply vanished. It's getting to a crunch so you're right, choices are limited and I might have to hire someone else.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi NL,

I'm sorry about your experience with this freelancer. If you don't hear back from them, you can close the job, have the Escrow funds returned to you and leave a private feedback for the freelancer. Melisa already suggested reposting the job and hiring another freelancer to complete the work.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS