Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dispute with scam freelancer webapp

Highlighted
Yoann R Member Since: May 31, 2017
1 of 12

Hello all,

I'm thinking that some users are not "real" one and/or just want steel money of the other users.

My story, first he changed his picture profile after I make the proposal, the two pictures looks like 2 different persons (I've took a screenshot of both if you want to see). I've told him who is that new person and he assure me it's him...

Then, I told him that the job it's paid 2K$ at once like it was writed on the job description but he wanted to pass in the hour solution, so I did it. I've told him I need to show what he's doing many time and his response was still "don't worry about the time and the money, I will do your job in 50hours" so 50hours correspond to 2K$ I will pay for this.

I've send to him many png/psd files about my project and finally to day he send me a couple of files into my bitbucket with this **Edited for Community Guidelines**

After I’ve check the code there is lot of thing strange, PSD into folder image?! The code looks like just like the code you took directly from ionic dev with no modification, there is about two or three little change to looks like he did something on it… I’ve told him if it’s all he did and he told me yes but he also write what he did in 20hours: - worked on architecture design - worked on graphic design and DB - worked on front-end development But it’s not the case so he just didn’t tell me the truth like I thought…

Now I’ve told him that I thinking he want steel my money and now, more we talk more he wants that I trust him, want to put other persons on the project, want to sell my project if I don't cancel the dispute…

And now is trying to convince the upwork admin it's me the guilty person which doesn't want to pay.... I have all bitbucket connection and source code that he send to the admin and that is not the same that he send to me and now he added new time hour on the project that I cannot cancel for now untill next week... 

If someone have any ideas on the next moov I can do to cancel all this stuff and get my money back fill free to share it to me, thank you.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 12

re: "I'm thinking that some users are not 'real' one and/or just want steal money of the other users."

Yes, this is true. Upwork freelancer are not all vetted by Upwork.

Upwork is currently moving toward a system which attempts to verify the identities of all freelancers. But that is not universally in place. There are millions of Upwork freelancers who have never been vetted or had their identities confirmed in any way.

There are people who use Upwork, posing as freelancers, who have no intention of doing any actual work but only want to steal your money.

Part of your project manager's job is to make sure that no such people are on your team. Have you discussed this matter with her?

3 of 12

Yes but really now he's provide fake information to the admin, today he has made some photoshoping of my app to "show" what he did but it's again fake.

Take a look of the both picture he had on his profile. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 12

Hi Yoann,

I'm sorry about the issue you're having on the contract you mentioned. Note that you can pause the contract to prevent your freelancer from logging more time, review the Work Diary and dispute any hours that are not related to your job. Please share your concern about the users identity with our team once they follow up with you after a dispute has been initiated. On Hourly contracts clients are paying for freelancers time and not a product, and you can read more about Hourly Payment Protection in this Help article.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 12

re: "If someone have any ideas on the next moov I can do to cancel all this stuff and get my money back fill free to share it to me, thank you."

No, no refunds. That's not how this works.

The important thing is to learn from your mistakes, learn what you did wrong. And then you can avoid making those same mistakes again in the future.

6 of 12

Yeah I know and I didn't accept this but it was difficult to heard that he wants to share to the public/or for money my project if I don't cancel the dispute... 

7 of 12

thank you, the dispute has been initiated and he's trying to find more and more solutions to prouve he is not a scamer. it's **edited for Community Guidelines**

Everything is on the dispute if you want see, what's happen. I've puted in pause the project too late, he added 10 hours more for nothing and all this time his account he's still up so someone else can contact him to "work" with him.

8 of 12

last chat he sent to me...

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
9 of 12

@Yoann R wrote:

My story, first he changed his picture profile after I make the proposal, the two pictures looks like 2 different persons (I've took a screenshot of both if you want to see). I've told him who is that new person and he assure me it's him...

Then, I told him that the job it's paid 2K$

Wait, you did what?

The guy showed you that he was a fraud from the first minute and you kept talking with him?

People who lie in their profiles, for instance by using photos of other persons, are fraudsters. This is how you can tell they are fraudsters in the first place.

You don't hire a fraudster and hope for a positive outcome.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
10 of 12

Yeah... I know but I had asked him who is that person may be he had loose lot of weight... Thank I think it will be ok, but he told me that **edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS