🐈
» Forums » Clients » dispute
Page options
5ca91616
Community Member

dispute

I have a contract with a freelancer for maximum 5 hours per week and a specific hourly rate. Last week was only 3 hours but I am being charge for the 5 hours as salary and another 3 hours. How do I fix that?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Laura:
This is not a "dispute."
This is something that you can fix from your end.

From what you said in your post, it appears to me that you set up the contract you clicked an advanced setup button and established an automated salary, which is a word Upwork uses for "weekly stipend."

I don't think you can cancel that within the current contract, but you CAN set up a new contract, and make sure that you don't set up that weekly stipend/salary.

As for the money that you were already charged, all you need to do is explain the mistake to the freelancer, and have him send you a direct refund from his side.

This freelancer undoubtedly values the opportunity to work with you on an ongoing basis, and has no desire for you to be billed for an automated weekly salary, when he didn't even know something that would be in place. So if you ask him to send a refund, and tell him he can come here to this thread if he has any questions, then this can all be fixed quickly and easily.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laura,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your contract correctly. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths