Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do clients recieve each proposal to their email? or just the best candidates

Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1 of 7

hi all,

just want to know how client get the proposals..do they get each and every proposal to their email or just the best fits.

since as per my knowledge only recommended freelancers bid is reported to email of the client not all are sent to email of the client.

Rahul

Community Guru
Maria Marilyn M Member Since: Oct 27, 2010
2 of 7

They will be able to view all proposals when they log back on to Upwork and view updates to the job opening created. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 7

re: "Do clients recieve each proposal to their email?"

No.

But I don't think it's based on whether the candidates are the best or not.

I think the system tries to avoid sending too many emails. So it could be based on numbers and timing. I'm not sure.

When I post jobs as a client, I get some email telling me there are new candidates, but I definitely don't get email for every one. That would probably be annoying.

Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 7

actually client do recieve mails recommending few freelancers mentioning he/she is the best fit i can show screenshot if you want and i think this feature also need to be removed.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 7

@Rahul V wrote:

actually client do recieve mails recommending few freelancers mentioning he/she is the best fit i can show screenshot if you want and i think this feature also need to be removed.

Clients do NOT want to get 100 or more emails each informing them of each and every applicant.

They complain about TOO MANY emails already, and more would be considered SPAM, in much the same way as your relentless, constant, intensely irritating whining and bleating in the forum over and over and over again with the same non-issue is immensely irritating and nothing other than Spam

Just give it a bloody rest. Your questions have been answered over and over. Just let it go and get on with it.

Enough already.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 7

@Rahul V wrote:

That's actually pretty cool. I hope that's true.

Nobody wants 100 emails though. lol I would say if I was a client that I'd be cool with maybe a daily digest of bidders at the end of the day with the option to change the frequency.

I wouldn't get annoyed with a nightly email saying "You have x number of bidders" and then a snippet of each one. If they emailed me every time someone bid, I'd get quickly annoyed. 

Lanre I Member Since: Jul 18, 2016
7 of 7
Hello Clients! Reading through the replies, now I know why I don't get responses to my proposals. Doesn't this however make it difficult for freelancers like me with experience on other platforms but a newbee here difficult to get jobs?

It would be good if the went with Mrs. Jennifer's recommendation.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS