cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

donations

Crystal G Member Since: Jun 9, 2016
1 of 3

Hello,

I am new to upWork and I've met some amazing people. My first job went smooth. My second job I had a few people that feltthey could do the job by sendnig me samples. There were a couple that seemed to be going in the right direction then someone took it by storm. One freelancer I was just about to accept the offer when another's sample took the cake. 

I felt bad that I wasn't able to take the offer and offered to give the freelancer a donation for thier time. It happpend to two freelancers that were working on a couple of items. One asked to do through paypal and the other declined and said it was okay/ I wasn't aware that I couldn't do this and by no means was I trying to go outside of UpWork. I simply was just offering a donation.

Now upwork has suspended me. I have replied to them letting them know of my mistake and that it would never happen again. When will I know i can be reinstated. It was truly a misunderstanding.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3

You are a newbie and made a mistake. I think you will be reinstated. Let their process play out.

If you do not get positive results within ten days, come back here and let us know what is going on.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 3

Hi Crystal, 

Just a gentle reminder that it is a violation of the Upwork ToS to pay your freelancers outside of the platform. Likewise, freelancers are not allowed to accept payment outside the platform. 

Since this is a public community, we will be unable to discuss the details of your account suspension. 
I can see that you already have an open ticket with the support team. Please reply to their email and follow their instructions to expedite lifting the suspension on your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS