🐈
» Forums » Clients » eBay Lister and Researcher
Page options
mat189
Community Member

eBay Lister and Researcher

Hi,

I have posted a Job (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) to find a freelancer that can help me research eBay items and list them on my page. I have shortlisted 4 persons and all of them have positive feedback of 90% or more. I hired one of them and he asked me for my eBay username and password. I have changed the password so as not to match the ones I am using and gave him the credentials. I am still waiting for the freelancer to list the items.

I have been reading eBay scams on this page but, could not find topics were freelancers actually had good positive feedback. Do these eBay freelancers are ALL SCAM? How can I know? Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Matthew V wrote:

Hi Petra,

Thanks for your opinion :). So if a freelancer has good positive feedback (sometimes even as top rated), there is a possibility that they are NOT scam correct? Thanks

Hi Matthew,

I don't see any sign of the freelancer being a scammer, but clearly someone who doesn't have the same sense of urgency you have.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Usually eBay scams are fake clients, I have never once seen a scam involving eBay where the scammer was the freelancer, although giving someone access to your eBay account with all the financial info it contains sounds risky to me.

That said, how long ago did you hire the freelancer and did you set clear deadlines and expectations as to when you and the freelancer agreed that

mat189
Community Member

Hi Petra,

I have posted it the past 3 days and the freelancer had to finish the ebay listings yesterday and told me that he did not have stable Internet connection and could not finish. I immediately changed the ebay password again and did not tell him anything. The thing is that he has 100% positive feedback and has done 40k+. That's why I actually trusted this to him.
petra_r
Community Member

@Matthew V wrote:
Hi Petra,

I have posted it the past 3 days and the freelancer had to finish the ebay listings yesterday and told me that he did not have stable Internet connection and could not finish.

Close the contract and hire someone else.  🙂

mat189
Community Member

Hi Petra,

Thanks for your opinion :). So if a freelancer has good positive feedback (sometimes even as top rated), there is a possibility that they are NOT scam correct? Thanks

petra_r
Community Member

@Matthew V wrote:

Hi Petra,

Hi Matthew,

I don't see any sign of the freelancer being a scammer, but clearly someone who doesn't have the same sense of urgency you have.

shamraiz786
Community Member

Hi, am a Virtual assistant at eBay platform, giving your user name and password is risky the correct way to give access to any employee through setting there is a way to add email of your employee and the invitation will automatically send to your employee email address and then select options from the check-list about what accesses you want to give your employee like by giving access of listing they can only list items in your ebay account and not able to see any personal information like bank accounts detail or remove your entire listings which will give you a big loss.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths