🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: edit milestone
Page options
35c19303
Community Member

edit milestone

Hi, the freelancer I am working with is demanding I change the milestone as he does not agree to do what is posted on the milestone. How do I edit it? thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
samrat3
Community Member

Hi Carlee,

You will not be able to edit any milestone that is funded. However, you can make adjustments by releasing the current milestone and creating a new one after discussing with your freelancer.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carlee,

Samrat is correct, you won't be able to edit the title for the second Milestone on your contract but can edit the Milestone upon release and increase the amount. Alternatively, you can issue a bonus payment on the same contract. Let us know if you need further guidance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

It would be great if you could just edit aspects of that milestone. For example, I have a freelancer on a weekly payment and I want to increase it. It seems a bit ridiculous to have to end a milestone and start a new one just so that I can increase his weekly payment. Assuming, of course, that I'm correctly understanding how this works. Or is there an easier way to increase the weekly payment that I'm unaware of?

Hi Dillon,

After reviewing and approving the work and when you are ready to release the milestone payment, you will be presented with the option of editing the payment amount of the milestone. You will be able to increase the milestone payment right before releasing it, and therefore creating a new milestone to increase the payment is not necessary.  Alternatively you can issue the freelancer a bonus payment.

Here is an article with more information regarding Paying for Fixed-Price contracts.

~Nina

Thanks, Nina. Apparently, I was a bit confused in regards to Upwork's terminology and it's not actually a milestone that I'm referring to. I've heard back from Upwork's customer support and things are becoming clearer. Thanks for the response!

Dillon, a weekly payment on an hourly contract is not the same as a milestone on a fixed-price contract. It's not really clear from your post what sort of contract you have set up?

You're right. I'm quite confused with Upwork's terminology. I'm in contact with customer support now and they're helping. Thanks for your response!

acb7275d
Community Member

Most of the people offering advice online are also taking the subway. And some of them are even jumping over the turnstile because they can’t afford to buy a MetroCard.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths