🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: filter location ?
Page options
b87d387f
Community Member

filter location ?

dear community! I'm new here and looking for some interior designer and 3D sketch up users in Bali. Unfortunately I don't find a location filter, because I only looking for freelancers they are based in Bali at the moment.

THANK YOU for feedback***

Cindy

7 REPLIES 7
t-hall
Community Member

That's going to be a tough one. I've had the same issue before and tried putting the location requirment first in the job posting title.... yet it seems no one actually pays attention to that and you get applicant from all over the place anyway.

You could add a custom screening question "Do you live in Bali?" That might help get the point across and give you a quick glance at who does if they say yes, and some entertainment if they do say yes... and actually don't 😄

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Cindy,

When you search for freelancer to invite them to apply for your job, you can user the location filter in the More Options. In this case you will need to select Indonesia. Alternatively, you can put "Bali" as one of the keywords in your search along with "interior designer."

I hope it helps. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

^ Is that something new(ish)?

Last week I posted a job looking for U.S. based contractors only. I specified this in the job description, in addition to adding the interview question: "Are you located in the U.S.".

All of the proposals were from non-U.S. based freelancers who were not in the least bit qualified. 

I was able to find a NY based consultant only because I invited him to the job. 

I am new to positng jobs on Upwork, but one thing I can say for sure is that there are too many unqualified people bidding on jobs here. 

Instead of focusing on the number of freelancers on the platform, it may be wise to focus on the quality of freelancer. 

Just a thought. 

@Tony H wrote:

^ Is that something new(ish)?

The location filted in freelancer search has been available for a while as well as including location as a keyword in search. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria, can freelancer filter based on area like i want see all projects posted from location (UK) is that possible to apply filter ? 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tasleem,

At the moment you can filter jobs only by country. Once you`ve searched for a skill or industry, on the left side under the filters you can choose your client's country under the section "Client Location". Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths