cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freelancer not responding

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
11 of 15

Hi Essence Corporate,

I'm sorry about your experience with this freelancer. Our team will follow up on your ticket to assist you and advise regarding the options you have on this contract.

Going forward, please fund Escrow but don't release the funds until you've reviewed the work your freelancer submitted, to avoid similar contract issues.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 15

re: "I hire freelancer who took some upfront payment from me and now too many deadlines have passed. Final deadline he gave me is 15th May 2017 and he is not responding now. I made around 25% downpayment to this freelancer; what is the solution with me and also lot of my time wasted since I have been waiting for him to deliver my work."

You made some mistakes. But that's okay! You can learn from your mistakes.

In the future, you will not make upfront payments to any freelancer on Upwork. Now you know that with Upwork's escrow system, it is not necessary. On Upwork, only dishonest freelancers ask for upfront payments. Honest freelancers ask that you fund escrow. Then they do the work and submit it to you. And only after you review the work do you release payment to them.

What should you do about that freelancer you released payment to? Nothing. They're wasting your time. Close the contract and stop communicating with them.

Set up new contracts and pay other freelancers the right way.

The more important your deadline, the more important it is that you set the the freelancer's deadline ahead of schedule so as to provide some cushion in your schedule. Or hire multiple people to work on the same project.

Ciro R Member Since: Feb 13, 2019
13 of 15

Saying that bthere is nothing to do is very irresponsible. If there is an unresponsive freelancer you should force them to respond, and if they do not respond you should close their accounts. It seems you do not care about all the people who have payed money to get a job done and they have been scammed. I thought this was a serious platform but seems to be a place where scams happends too often.

Sanju K Member Since: Jun 25, 2018
14 of 15

Even I am looking for a solution for this. What if a freelancer ends the contract or do not respond after taking upfront payment or after completing first  milestone  and does not complete the following milestone???

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
15 of 15

Hi Sanju,

I can strongly advise you not to make any upfront payments to your freelancers. If you need help to reach out to the freelancer please send me a PM(click on my name) with the contract ID, our team will assist you further. Thank you!

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS