cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freelancer pretending to be some one else (india for European)

Highlighted
Community Leader
L. S Member Since: Sep 17, 2015
11 of 29

You will ofrever complain about this if you would like to waste the time. Just do your work and filter the fake ones out. Due deligience is a must! If they are tested and prove to be amazing and posses perfect English skills  then what makes you think they are fake or even Indians?

If it's obvious that they are fake, its quicker to ignore them than it is to complain about it. We all gothrough this all the time!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 29

re: "If you want the name of the freelancer it is **Edited for Community Guidelines**"

I don't blame you for being frustrated. But why are you telling us this freelancer's "name" after you gave us a lengthy, detailed explanation of how you know that he (or she) is a fake?

So you already know that isn't the freelancer's real name.

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
13 of 29

I cannot find any ** Edited ** fake profile...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
14 of 29

Original poster Peter stated that the freelancer is now "stalking" him, complaining that he can now no longer work on Upwork.

So presumably this freelancer has been dealt with somewhat by Upwork, which could explain your inability to find this name via search.

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
15 of 29

@Preston H wrote:

Original poster Peter stated that the freelancer is now "stalking" him, complaining that he can now no longer work on Upwork.

So presumably this freelancer has been dealt with somewhat by Upwork, which could explain your inability to find this name via search.

OK, I understand, *** Edited *** had to leave already...

Highlighted
Peter R Member Since: Mar 3, 2017
16 of 29

I think Upwork can have a better quality and trust when there is a central "fake profile" procedure. It makes no sense to give these "frauds" a place where they can easily manage to fool paying customers. In the end it will harm UPWORK only as customers who are willing to "take the risk" letting relative unkown people have passwords for uploads, github access with others, being part of the development team in shortage of own resources work for them, pay them and trust them.

Even facebook, linkedin do eliminate  fake profiles.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
17 of 29

Hi Peter,

If you haven't already please report the freelancer to Customer Service and also provide them with the messages you received.

-Lena

Untitled
Highlighted
Peter R Member Since: Mar 3, 2017
18 of 29

And where do you do that, because I cannot find any e-mail address, screen or what so ever to contact support.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
19 of 29

Hi Peter,

To submit a support request, please go to your account > click the question mark icon > Help and Support > use the Get Help link on the Help Center page > make the appropriate selection > provide all the details > click save and select the appropriate Support option.

Highlighted
Mr M Member Since: Apr 4, 2017
20 of 29

I also noticed that a lot profiles with europe as location has clearly not european profile images. Even with Magento Certified profile links going to a european profile, but with a totally different picture (which is european).

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS