🐈
» Forums » Clients » freelancer threatened me
Page options
sahilkmittal
Community Member

freelancer threatened me

I hired a freelancer, he didn't do a good job and I gave him 3 stars as feedback
He threatened me and sent me inappropriate images
First he sent me a pic of a cow whose throat is getting cut. I am a Hindu and he sent it to hurt my religious sentiments
Afterward he wrote I am the next one
I didn't attach image here because it is very disturbing
If needed I can attach screenshot of conversation

14 REPLIES 14
AndreaG

Hi Sahil,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Please know, that you can flag specific messages for our Trust and Safety team to review if you see any violations of Upwork's TOS or inappropriate behavior. Here's how.

That said, I will be forwarding your report directly to the appropriate team so they can review it and take any appropriate action. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi @Andrea G
Can I know what action that team took
that guy blocked me that day after sending me those messages. Today again he unblocked me and sent me inappropriate messages again
I had to block him this time.
This is very disturbing. It can affect someone mentally too

Hi Sahil,

I'm sorry to hear that, could you please block them on your end? There are multiple ways to block a user but the easiest way is to access a room with that user, choose their profile icon, then select Block

In general, we are not able to confirm any specific action taken as a result of a report. That said, I can confirm that the team has reviewed this report already and the appropriate action was taken on the user's account as per our processes.  You could try and check their profile for more info.

~Andrea
Upwork
yofazza
Community Member

He did block the user.

We see the appropriate action taken is to keep the account active.

In that case I think Upwork think it's simply a dark joke or something that does not break any rules. No problem with me, it's the internets after all. 

I guess you are right
Upwork didn't do anything at all.

I mean if they really do look into the matter, there is nothing to go into detail. It is simply harassment and he should be blocked at least from Upwork platform for such inappropriate behavior
It totally ruined my experience of upwork

Hi Sahil,

I understand your sentiment but as what Andrea has said, we cannot go into specifics about what actions were taken as a result of a report but rest assured that our team followed the internal process for such reports.

~ AJ
Upwork
sahilkmittal
Community Member

Hi 
I checked 
I am unable to find option to flag message

Hi Sahil,

Thank you for your response. As Andrea said, the report was already forwarded to the appropriate team and we will take appropriate actions based on our internal processes. I'm sorry for the negative experience that this has caused.

~ AJ
Upwork
bobafett999
Community Member

Sahil:  You still have power to get back.  You can change your private and public feedback with lowest rating and with what you just wrote,"he didn't do a good job and I gave him 3 stars as feedback, He threatened me and sent me inappropriate, offensive and vulgar  images.  First he sent me a picture of a cow whose throat is getting cut. Afterward he wrote I am the next one".

That make his current profile useless.  He would have to create another one (with different name, address and blah blah blah) and start from scratch.

Clients can't change feedback unless the freelancer enables them to do so. The freelancer should be permanently banned from Upwork.

sahilkmittal
Community Member

Hi @Andrea G
Can I know what action that team took
that guy blocked me that day after sending me those messages. Today again he unblocked me and sent me inappropriate messages again
I had to block him this time.
This is very disturbing. It can affect someone mentally too

tomzilla1
Community Member

If this is true then it's very disturbing. I don't know all the details but threatening is very unprofessional, either freelancer or client. Maybe Upwork can implement Google Vision or some sort of picture API and determine if it's inappropriate? If it is then it either warns the user before opening it or disable the image to be uploaded completely in the first place.

That is a very good suggestion if Upwork implements it
Even social media platforms show a warning for these type of images, this being a professional platform should do something

Hi Sahil,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll make sure to share this with the team for review.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths