🐈
» Forums » Clients » getting reply for a job i posted
Page options
060781f9
Community Member

getting reply for a job i posted

i just posted a job. how will i know when or if i will get any replies?

9 REPLIES 9
JoanneP

Hi Batel,

You will be notified when a proposal has been submitted for the job you posted. You will also see this here when you are logged in to your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
060781f9
Community Member

thanks joane!

but i will i know my offer is attractive enaugh?

is there an average time known of getting proposal?

@Batel D wrote:

thanks joane!

but i will i know my offer is attractive enaugh?

is there an average time known of getting proposal?

It depends on your job description as well as your budgeted amount.  If you post a job with one line description asking expert level freelancers, but very low fixed price budget you may not attract people.  Another indication is the location of freelancers.  If your job attracts bids only from Asia - Pacific or eastern Europe you would know based on their profile rate.  In general if your posting has any traction you would get 5-10 bids within few hours.

I don't bother to answer offers that are not precise enough.

You must bear in mind that freelancers have to use two connects (they are only given 60 free connects a month) to answer an offer, so it's not worth anwering an offer just to ask for more information.

You can also make a search to find freelancers that could be interested in your job and send them an invitation. What I love about invitations is that I get to ask questions about the job without having to spend any connects.

i think my proposal is pretty precise 

i posted it like 7-8 hours ago and no response 😕

Ah, this must be the Sunday effect. Don't forget that in many countries people don't consider Sundays as a work day. 

Hi Batel,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received proposals yet for the job you posted. This can happen for a number of reasons and in order to make sure freelancers with the matching skill set and experience follow up on your job post, please let me know if you'd like to receive assistance from our dedicated team which is helping new clients get started on Upwork. Once you confirm, I'll ask our team to reach out and assist you directly.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

i would love that!

Thanks for confirming Batel, I'll follow up with our team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. In the meantime, please review the client resources we shared here.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths