cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graph "remaining"

Valery G Member Since: May 1, 2017
1 of 13

What does it mean graph "remaining" (in balance)

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 13

Valery,

That number you see in your contract details is the difference between the budget you and the freelancer agreed to originally and what was paid on the contract to date.

~ Valeria
Untitled
3 of 13
Where could I see $1000.00 numbers that we would agreed?  
I have never talk to freelancer or agree about any budget number. 

Where is the record that reflects my written conversation about $1000?  
Will you please help me to find it.  

Thanks.
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
4 of 13

HI Valery,

We's be glad to help you. What page are you looking at? I don't see a balance of $1,000 showing. Please send a URL of the page you are on.

Untitled
5 of 13

https://www.upwork.com/ab/c/3787309/contracts/18160462/?milestone=new#milestones%2F20170704%2F201708...

In addition, I have with freelancer job-by-job agreements. I ask to code, send a manual, and then he gave the price for that job. We never spoke about $1000, or about any specific price as the total. In fact, I have had with the freelancer different jobs that is not related to a previous job.

Your calculations make me confused. 

Negative experience with company calculations.

Val

==

Community Manager
7 of 13

Hi Valery,

I still don't see $1,000 anywhere. Perhaps there is a misinterpretation. 

The amount in the budget is how much this project was budgeted for, this amount totals up all of the milestones that have been set: $720 (milestone 1: $200, milestone 2: $100, milestone 3: $70, milestone 4:$350)

The amount in escrow is what has been funded but not yet released to your freelancer, this amount is the payment for milestone 4 of $350

The amount paid is the total amount the freelancer has received to date. They received the 3 milestones that were set in your budget amount- $370 plus you gave them 2 bonuses totalling $110, so to date you have paid your freelancer $480

The amount remaining is the difference between the amount you have budgeted and what the freelancer has received for this project. So since you had budgeted $720 and the freelancer has already received $480, it states that the remaining amount the freelancer is owed is $240. Now this amount is confusing because it includes the bonuses in the amount paid to the freelancer, although those werent a part of the budget. 

Does that make sense?

Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 13

Deleted because Lena figured it out Smiley Happy

9 of 13

You already agreed that budget of $1000 was misinterpretation or a mistake (of someone in the company). I would agree on that.

The remaining amount as the meaning of it (as you explained me) has no meaning or logic at all.

That was a mistake, or as you wrote a "misinterpretation” (of someone in the company), and I would agree on that.

Val

Community Manager
10 of 13

Hi Valery. I was stating that you may be misinterpreting the amounts. Where are you seeing an amount of $1,000? Are you totaling up other amounts to come to this number? 

The amounts displayed on your budget page are Budget: $720  Escrow: $350  Paid: $480 Remaining: $240 

Are you seeing something different?

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS