🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: help please, bad client
Page options
lilitlyolik
Community Member

help please, bad client

Hi.
I have new contract , client ask me for free work. 
He use bad words. 

He need something what will take more then 10 hours. But he want me finish all in 5 hours.

I say him this is not possible. I would like to help and ready to work some 3 hours for free. But I can't work 15 hours for free. 
Main problem, how to close contract and not get a bad score? 

I don't think this client is balacned person. Thank you in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Lilit

We like you, and we want you to succeed here as a freelancer on Upwork.

I do not think that you should work for 3 hours for free for this client.

This is not a charity. That is not why we are here.

If this client has questions, then invite him to come to this thread to ask whatever questions he has about how to use Upwork properly.

My recommendation to you is to STOP working on the project. Don't close the project. Don't argue with the client. Just send him a very short note and then let him think about things for a while. Let him continue to think, and think, and think... so that he realizes he needs you and values your work.

You could tell him:

"Frank, thank you again for the opportunity to work on the project. I have provided you with all of the files. If you need to pass these on to a different freelancer to finish the work, I will be happy to help you do that. If you want me to spend the time that it takes to finish what we discussed, then I will be happy to do the work and log the additional hours needed to do this properly."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Lilit

We like you, and we want you to succeed here as a freelancer on Upwork.

I do not think that you should work for 3 hours for free for this client.

This is not a charity. That is not why we are here.

If this client has questions, then invite him to come to this thread to ask whatever questions he has about how to use Upwork properly.

My recommendation to you is to STOP working on the project. Don't close the project. Don't argue with the client. Just send him a very short note and then let him think about things for a while. Let him continue to think, and think, and think... so that he realizes he needs you and values your work.

You could tell him:

"Frank, thank you again for the opportunity to work on the project. I have provided you with all of the files. If you need to pass these on to a different freelancer to finish the work, I will be happy to help you do that. If you want me to spend the time that it takes to finish what we discussed, then I will be happy to do the work and log the additional hours needed to do this properly."

Remember that when a client asks a freelancer to work for free, this is a serious violation of Upwork ToS.

Such a client can be reported to Upwork and could even lose their account.

Thank you very much dear  Preston. 

But the problem is, he didn't wirte the words << please work for mee for free>> I mean, he ask me to finish 5 posters design with new illustrations from scratch during 6 hours. It is really not real. I said that it is not real, he made joke, that I don't need high quality .. etc.. I worked hard and did whenever possible , but after his review I lost Top Rated bage and my JSS droped down from 100% to 83 %. So. ... I cannot prove , I just have aour messages, where he ask me to finish during 10 hours, I say it is not real , then he ask to finish during 6 hours. 

This was my big mistake to aplay his contract.

Thanks a lot again! 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths