🐈
» Forums » Clients » hiring asian freelancers
Page options
f431e6a2
Community Member

hiring asian freelancers

Hello all valuable Gurus,

Can you please advise me what necessary steps I should take when working with asian freelancers? Are they all safe?

Thanks. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
versailles
Community Member

Asian freelancers don't bite. The ones that you should be wary of are those who say they are not Asians but are (fake photo & profile). A Google search on a sentence from a profile and on a photo can do wonders.

If you want Asians because it's more convenient for you because of the language or time zone, go for it. If you want Asians because they seem cheaper, you may want to rethink your approach. The good ones have the same rates as anywhere else in the world. The scammers and amateurish ones are very cheap, and hiring them will cost you way more at the end than hiring true pros. This is true for Asians, Europeans, North Americans and Martians.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
tranvanhieu
Community Member

I think the two first steps you should take(not just for Asian freelancers):

1/Check his work history, JSS and portfolio: a solid work history, a well-presented profile, a high JSS score, they are good sign for a good freelancer.

2/Check the proposal: is it specific? does it has a solution for my problem? does it show his enthusiasm?

And IMO, sometimes, the proposal is actually the most important factor 🙂

Hieu T
Vietnamese translator
versailles
Community Member

Asian freelancers don't bite. The ones that you should be wary of are those who say they are not Asians but are (fake photo & profile). A Google search on a sentence from a profile and on a photo can do wonders.

If you want Asians because it's more convenient for you because of the language or time zone, go for it. If you want Asians because they seem cheaper, you may want to rethink your approach. The good ones have the same rates as anywhere else in the world. The scammers and amateurish ones are very cheap, and hiring them will cost you way more at the end than hiring true pros. This is true for Asians, Europeans, North Americans and Martians.

-----------

Or true even for (asteroid) belters?

@John K wrote:
Or true even for (asteroid) belters?

Careful beltalowda!  🙂

-----------

+ 1 to Rene's suggestions and comments.

The brazen lies, theft, and out-and-out number of scammy freelancers on almost all platforms is shocking.  It's really no different from checking the expiration dates on milk - just do some  basic homework and you won't get sick or taken.

Thank you Wendy 🙂 

Thank you Rene, I will keep these points in mind.

resultsassoc
Community Member

+1 to Rene and to Wendy.

Not all freelancers are safe. I've been underserved by one American, one woman born in the US but living in Pakistan (that counts as an American) and one Turk from the European part of Turkey. I've had great results from most freelancers. I've got one Filippino and one American on hourly contracts and need to find more for them to do so I don't lose them. I have long-term relationships with one Native American and one second-generation Indian-American, and one black African.

Explore a fit over the internet. I often use Skype at zero-dark-thirty with prospective clients in Australia and South East Asia.

Thank you Mr Bill, I am amazed to see you took the time to write on my post. I had visited your profile yesterday and really wanted to interact with you. I am blessed you yourself wrote to me. 🙂

Cheers! 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths