🐈 Community
» Forums » Clients » how do I categorize / prioritize candidates?
Page options
d62aea37

how do I categorize / prioritize candidates?

I posted a job and invited 14 freelancers to apply by invitation only.  Several of them have now applied and I would like to put them into three buckets -- "definitely not," "maybe," and "most likely."  I know how to mark the "definitely not" applications (X them out), but is there a way of easily categorizing the other two groups? 

In a previous iteration of Upwork, I seem to recall there being a way of doing this, but there doesn't seem to be anything now. 

Even if there were a single designation (e.g., "in consideration") that I could apply to the applications I am considering the most strongly, that would be helpful in assisting my process of weeding through the applications, prioritizing them, and then making a hiring decision.

What would be ideal is to add both a new clickable category on the horizontal progress bar AND an indicator on the person's application summary, something like the attached. 

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Seth,

Currently you can archive candidates you are least likely to hire and you can save candidates whose profiles you liked and you are most likely to hire them for a job. We are planning to add more functionality for clients to sort candidates eventually.

~ Valeria
Upwork

@Seth G wrote:
I seem to recall there being a way of doing this, but there doesn't seem to be anything now. 

We used to be able to shortlist candidates, but this option has been removed.