cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I categorize / prioritize candidates?

d62aea37
Ace Contributor
Dana G Member Since: Mar 21, 2016
1 of 3

I posted a job and invited 14 freelancers to apply by invitation only.  Several of them have now applied and I would like to put them into three buckets -- "definitely not," "maybe," and "most likely."  I know how to mark the "definitely not" applications (X them out), but is there a way of easily categorizing the other two groups? 

In a previous iteration of Upwork, I seem to recall there being a way of doing this, but there doesn't seem to be anything now. 

Even if there were a single designation (e.g., "in consideration") that I could apply to the applications I am considering the most strongly, that would be helpful in assisting my process of weeding through the applications, prioritizing them, and then making a hiring decision.

What would be ideal is to add both a new clickable category on the horizontal progress bar AND an indicator on the person's application summary, something like the attached. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Seth,

Currently you can archive candidates you are least likely to hire and you can save candidates whose profiles you liked and you are most likely to hire them for a job. We are planning to add more functionality for clients to sort candidates eventually.

~ Valeria
Upwork
natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
3 of 3

@Seth G wrote:
I seem to recall there being a way of doing this, but there doesn't seem to be anything now. 

We used to be able to shortlist candidates, but this option has been removed.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS