🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: how do I extend the expiration date of a ...
Page options
chuckmuth
Community Member

how do I extend the expiration date of a job

8 REPLIES 8
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chuck, 

Are you referring to the deadlines set on a fixed-price milestone job? Unfortunately, you cannot change the deadline. But the deadline is just a placeholder for both you and the freelancer as a guide. These dates are optional, so you can just communicate about the Milestone due date changes with the freelancer.

The option to edit it is only available when the mileston is not yet funded. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ddcb38de
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I have a similar question - I am hiring for a position and have a job post live, however it has said that the job post is going to expire in five days.

As I have not yet finished hiring, I don't want to lose the conversations with the freelancers.

How do I extend the time period to stop the job from expiring?

Thank you!

Ben

Hi Ben, 

In order to extend the job postings to allow additional candidates to submit proposals or continue with interviews, you can simply edit the job posts and extend keep them open for an additional 30 days. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the prompt response!

Just to confirm, are you saying that all I need to do to keep the job
active is to make a change to the listing?

Or is there something I need to do in the admin to extend it?

Thanks very much for your help!
Ben

Hi Ben,

All you need to do is to edit your job post and it should be extended for another 30 days, this can be done even by editing the job post description. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

That's great, thank you for your help! You can mark this as solved (or the
equivalent), thank you!

Avery, what if the expiration date has come but i have not yet finished my project and did not submit? will i loose that job?

Hi Amina,

If the milestone has already been funded, your client won't be able to edit the due date. However, that date will not have any effect on your contract or profile. It's solely there for reference and if you and your client discussed it and agreed on a new due date, everything should be all right.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths