cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to contact my employee

liu l Member Since: Apr 19, 2016
1 of 6

i have finish the payment yesterday,my employee  add my skype ,he promise me can send me the project today  .i send he the information on upwork and also the skype ,but until now he have not reply me ,what can i do ,it is as if he is disappear.i need help ~~~~

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 6

Did you pay the contractor before he submitted work to you?

Why did you do that?

If you can't contract him, and he does not send you the work files, you will just need to start over and hire somebody trustworthy.

As for the first person you hired, you may need to contact customer support and see if they can reverse payment.

Community Leader
Shahzad A Member Since: Feb 25, 2015
3 of 6

Hi Liu! Please contact upwork customer support with full proof documents (snapshots of chatting with employees and contract details). 

liu l Member Since: Apr 19, 2016
4 of 6

dear ,thanks for your help,can you tell me how to contact  customer support?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 6

Hi Liu,

I've checked and it doesn't look like you processed any payment for the contract you are referring to. The funds for the first Milestone are in Escrow and I would suggest verifying your payment method as soon as possible, as freelancers avoid starting work with clients who have an unverified payment method, for payment protection reasons.  

I see you already contacted Support so please let me know if you have any questions.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 6

Vladimir is right:

If you were asking a contractor to do work for you, and you thought that you had paid for the work or you were claiming you had paid, and yet you never paid anything, then the contractor maybe thought you were trying to trick him. That is why he disappeared.

I think the relationship with this contractor is too damaged to repair. You have paid nothing. The contractor does not want to talk to you. I recommend you close the contract and look for another contractor.

I strongly recommend you only hire a contractor who speaks your native language and who has lots of experience using Upwork. Hire somebody who has already completed many fixed-price jobs and who can explain things to you so that you can learn how to use Upwork properly.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS