🐈
» Forums » Clients » how to delete saved talents
Page options
a0dfd29d
Community Member

how to delete saved talents

Hoe do I delete all of my saved talents?

THanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Bill and others,

To remove talent from saved lists:

• Go to Talent> Saved Talent
  • Click on the heart icon next to the freelancer you'd like to remove from your saved lists.
  • You'll see a "Your Lists" dialog/drop down.
  • In that drop down, uncheck the box that's checked for that freelancer. That should remove the freelancer from the list effectively removing them from your Saved Talent. 

Let me know if you have any questions or have any issues.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
LuiggiR

Hi Jim,

You can delete your saved talent by clicking the "heart" icon, like shown here. I am afraid there's no way do it in bulk, so you will have to remove them one by one. I will make sure to share your concern as a feedback for the team for future reference. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Luiggi, Please understand what a problem this is. Over the years I have about 10 or 15 pages of saved talent. I am now coming back 3 years later to finally hire for a project. Most of the ones I saved are gone yet there is no way I can delete them from my list to clean it out.

Clicking the heart does NOTHING once they are in your list.  That is not a solution to the OP's question. He asked how to delete from your saved talent list.

And FYI, none of the people in my saved list even have the heart highlighted. When I try to click it, the option I get is "create list." 

This is really a simple thing to ask and relatively very easy to code. Please convey this need to your development team. Thank you. 

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Kathy.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
20c35540
Community Member

I also have this same issue. I see that the original question was asked in 2018 and no solution was ever posted. Is there a way to remove freelancers from the Saved Talent page? From a UX perspective, there should be a Remove from List option under the dot menu.

Hi Ryan,

To remove talent from your saved list please click on the heart icon at the top right-hand corner to de-select it.

If you need any further assistance please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
20c35540
Community Member

I have tried clicking the heart icon, but this does not remove a freelancer from the list. The heart icons are not selected when the page is loaded -- assuming that an outlined heart means unselected and a filled heart means selected.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan, 

I looked into this further, and it seems like you're accessing your saved talent through the "Saved Talent" page ("Talent" tab > "Saved Talent" page). I checked your account and can see that the talent you saved is not on any specific list. This Saved Talent page populates all the talents you saved. If they were added to any particular list, you could also access the list on the same page.

This "list" feature is being rolled out to clients slowly, and you should be able to read more about it here. It looks like you have "saved" some talent in the past, and you were recently added to this feature. Moving forward, whenever you "like/heart" a talent, you will be asked to "Create a list," as shown in this screengrab

Since you added these freelancers before the rollout, for them to be removed from this page, you need to go to the job post and remove them from the "Saved" tab on the "Invite Freelancers" tab (this tab on the job post). 

In the future, any talent you "unlike/unheart" and remove from a list will be removed on this page. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Please elaborate on this

Since you added these freelancers before the rollout, for them to be removed from this page, you need to go to the job post and remove them from the "Saved" tab on the "Invite Freelancers" tab (this tab on the job post). 

Perhaps that link is specific to that user as it isn't working for me. I need to remove talent saved before this feature was added - specifically talent that was never associated with a list

i have two saved that cant be removed from years ago, but saved talent to a specific list can be removed by selecting heart then selecting the group they are saved in.  then they are removed from that specific list.  i also cant remove the general saved talent though.  only from the specific lists i created.  Hope that helps some.

Community Member

As stated throughout this thread, clicking the heart icon does not remove saved talent from the lsit. We are having this same issue. Requesting someone from your support team to reach out with a solution.

It appears that this has been an issue for several years. Upwork needs to address this issue! It's a simple one to solve and a time-waster for clients.

Thank you.

nozone
Community Member

I want to remove a number of freelancers from the Saved Talent page and I can find no way to do it.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chris,

To do this go hover over Talent and in the drop down menu click on Saved talent. On the new window simply click on the heart icon to remove the freelancer. For some, you may be shown a new pop-up with your list, in this case simply click on the green check mark to remove the freelancer from the current list. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your reply.  It does not work; when I click on the heart icon it pulls up the "Your Lists" dialog.

Hi Chris,

In that "Your Lists" dialog/drop down that you see, could you please try unchecking the box that's checked for that freelancer? That should remove the freelancer from the list effectively removing them from your Saved Talent.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Yes that works!  Thanks!

Hi Bill and others,

To remove talent from saved lists:

• Go to Talent> Saved Talent
  • Click on the heart icon next to the freelancer you'd like to remove from your saved lists.
  • You'll see a "Your Lists" dialog/drop down.
  • In that drop down, uncheck the box that's checked for that freelancer. That should remove the freelancer from the list effectively removing them from your Saved Talent. 

Let me know if you have any questions or have any issues.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths