🐈
» Forums » Clients » how to raise a complaint against a freelancer
Page options
65dae418
Community Member

how to raise a complaint against a freelancer

Guys how do i raise a complaint against a freelancer i am using here. This is my most recent message to him through upwork

**Edited for community guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
a_lipsey
Community Member

Close the contract and hire someone else. If he's not responding he's probably not going to. It sucks to be inconvenienced, but you have work to do so need to move on and find a new freelancer to work with.
prestonhunter
Community Member

There are great freelancers. There are mediocre freelancers. There are freelancers who really let us down.

This is true everywhere.

Ultimately, every client needs to decide what their priorities are.

When a freelancer I hired disappointed me, how much more time do I want to spend on that freelancer?

Do I want to continue the contract with that freelancer?
Do I want to help teach that freelancer to be better, to be more professional?
Do I want to force that freelancer to re-write that article which demonstrated barely passable English language skills?
Do I want to punish that freelancer?

As a client or project oner, what are my goals?

Maybe I'm more of a "mercenary," and I "just don't care."

Maybe I quickly dump that freelancer and focus on my project, working with 3 other freelancers who are doing awesome work.

A week later, somebody asks me: "What happened to Fred?"

I reply "Who?"

He says "Fred. That freelancer who wrote the article that was so bad."

It take me a moment to recall what he is even talking about.

"Oh, yeah. I don't know what happened to him. I fired him a week ago. I didn't even remember his name. Jeremy already re-wrote that article."

My project is high-end. Classy.

I don't spend time thinking about, or even remembering, people who don't contribute to my success.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Than you for reaching out to us, Imran!

I was able to locate the freelancer you're referring to. One of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with getting in touch with the freelancer and advise on further steps.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths