cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: how to re-open a job

6c746106
Sabrena H Member Since: Jul 19, 2017
1 of 8

When trying to figure out how to send final payment, we ended up closing the job without paying balance.  We also did not get files from freelancer, since we haven't paid.  Is there a way to re-open the job to resolve the issue, or do I need to create a new job for the remaining items?  I want to take care of my freelancer, as he did an awesome job.

Thanks

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

Sabrena, unfortunately there's no way to open a closed job. However, you can still issue a bonus for a closed job. That is probably the easiest way. Otherwise, you can rehire the freelancer using the button on their profile, which will create a new job.

View solution in original post

6c746106
3 of 8

Thank you.  Would the remaining balance of the escrow be refunded down the road?  I have no problem sending him the rest as a bonus as long as the remaining balance doesn't automatically go to him weeks down the road.

cupidmedia
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 8

If you closed the job with funds remaining in escrow, the freelancer would have been automatically asked to approve a refund of the escrow funds to you. They have 7 days to do so. If they do nothing, the funds will be refunded to you.

It's probably worth updating your freelancer with what's going on, if you haven't done so already. That way there will be no confusion or hard feelings and you won't end up in a dispute with them over the funds in escrow.

You can refer to the escrow rules for fixed price contracts here: https://www.upwork.com/legal/fp/

6c746106
5 of 8

Perfect, thank you.  I absolutely have been keeping him up to date.

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 8

To add to Jennifer D's good advice, freelancers now have the option to propose new contracts with a client under their completed jobs list.

I don't know if this is something you'd want to do, but if so, you can suggest the freelancer do that, and then complete the job under a new contract.

Screen shot 2017-07-19 at 7.04.18 PM.png

mgolechha
Manish G Member Since: Jan 18, 2018
7 of 8

Hi, I have the same problem. I did release a payment but not sure if it  was released as it doesnt total up with the payment paid that it shows. Please suggets how to re-open the job and udpate the ratings which micht not have been entered in first place.

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
8 of 8

Hello Manish,

Unfortunately, you can't re-open a contract. You may follow the advice of Jennifer to help you with your concern. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS