cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send a message to a freelancer?

Highlighted
Dragan M Member Since: Jan 19, 2019
21 of 33

I have found freelancer and want to hire him but can not see any button/link for action. Hw I should do it?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
22 of 33

Hi Dragan,

Just to confirm, are you referring to inviting a freelancer to join your agency?

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
23 of 33
hi Deborah! you can ask support to request his contact details on your behalf. you'll need to tell them why you wish to reach out to this freelancer, though. they'll help you out if they think it's a good enough reason.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Aleah T Member Since: Mar 25, 2010
24 of 33
You can also Google his name. Maybe you'll find a link to his website or blog and you can send your message there.
Highlighted
Quinn M Member Since: Apr 22, 2016
25 of 33

This is a joke. This should be a much more open community where we can all message one another as we please. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
26 of 33

Anybody can message me through my profile page. Here's how:

Create a job posting. Send it to me as a private invite, with my posted hourly rate.

I will accept and we can talk as long as you want. It's your dime. Because you are paying for my time, everything we discuss belongs to you.

Highlighted
Abdur R Member Since: Mar 31, 2017
27 of 33

I agree with you.

Highlighted
KORAL T Member Since: Jun 14, 2016
28 of 33

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
29 of 33

re: "I dont think it would be open to abuse."

Yes. It would be abused.

There are tens of thousands of pests who already us Upwork inappropriately. Don't open the floodgates for those pests to abuse the system even more.

re: "I think it is a necessary way for people to connect about a project and ask questions about the project."

No, it is not necessary. The site functions well already. At least it does for me.

re: "I dont like to just submit a proposal without asking questions first."

It's fine. Submitting a proposal begins the conversation. It doesn't commit you to anything.

re: "I'd like to network as well."

This isn't a networking tool. I think you have this confused with some other site.

re: "Its ridiculous you can't at least ask some questions to the person who submitted the propsoal"

Clients can ask any kind of questions they want when people submit a proposal. They can already do that. What are you talking about?

Highlighted
Jonathan T Member Since: Nov 20, 2018
30 of 33

Apparently you cannot contact people unless you hire them or post a job.This is a huge issue because some people might not want to post a public job or hire someone without first establishing a good fit for the task, especially when it comes to web development. I think Upwork should consider changing this or a lot of us will start using another service. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS