@christopher james l wrote:
i posted a job in upwork and i am getting Few applicants... how do i increase the number of applicants?
Consider a few different items when looking to get multiple numerous candidates:
- Make the job posting detailed. Does your posting have perhaps an example or basic requirements? It's hard for a candidate to tell if they're interested without this information.
- Try to avoid typos and huge grammar issues. This provides your job with additional clarity and increases the quality of candidate you receive.
- Include your budget. Candidates want to feel like they can reach your needs as well as their own.
- Include the number of hours that is expected from the employee or approximately how many hours it will take. If you're unsure, state that and give an estimate. Candidates appreciate honesty and need to know they won't be under or over committing themselves (this ties in with budget too!).
- Have a verified payment method. This is especially useful when clients don't have as many reviews and freelancers want to feel confident they are in a secure situation.
- Once you have a position filled, work (just as the freelancer should!) to maintain an honest and realistic relationship. This will help you attain good feedback at the end of a task/job and will help you with future postings as well!