🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » if client account is suspended and we have pe...
Page options
mobilesoftware10
Community Member

if client account is suspended and we have pending milestone

if client account is suspended and there is pending milestone, the money of this milestone will be returned to client or released to freelancer?

15 REPLIES 15
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sami,

It depends on the suspension. Could you please send me more information along with the contract ID so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

It is general case, one of my friends had one project with client and his client account is closed, and they have pending milestone with 550 usd, work is not completed, will upwork system refund money to suspended account or release to my friend?

Hi Sami,

Please let your friend know to reach out to us and we will assist them further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Ok Thanks

Hi,

I have the same problem.

How can I get my money? 

Thanks

Hi Tri,

I checked and you currently don't have active milestones with your client. The funds will become available to you after five days from the date the milestones were approved. You should see those funds under "Pending" when you go to Reports > Overview.

Please, note that when a client's account is suspended, your contract with them is placed on hold. This means that there's a problem with their account and you should not resume working with the client until the hold is lifted, as any work completed during this time is not covered by Upwork’s Payment Protection programs

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2a3d5b53
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for your information.

I can see all the funds are going to "Pending".

So it'll be available after 5 days or will not?

Thanks

Tri Nguyen

Hi Tri,

Funds from approved milestones in pending status will be available in five days, from the date on which the milestone was released. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2a3d5b53
Community Member

Thank you so much!

Best regards,

Tri Nguyen

2a3d5b53
Community Member

Hi,

But this state of the fund is not going to "In Escrow"

The detail in the image attached.

So, it'll be going to "Available" after 5 days or not?

Thanks

Hello Tri,

Thank you for your message. The page on your screenshot shows the total milestone paid by your client to date. You can refer to your Report page for information on your funds in pending status.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Tri N wrote:

But this state of the fund is not going to "In Escrow"

The detail in the image attached.

So, it'll be going to "Available" after 5 days or not?

It would never go to "in escrow" because it came from escrow. It was in escrow until your client approved the release from escrow, and in went from escrow (in process) to pending.

Go to Reports > Pending, where it will show you the date it will become available in the left hand column

Hi Luiggi

My client created an hourly job but later we decided to do it for a fixed amount, So he created a 1-hour job and promised to give the fixed amount as a bonus. and we did the same

After that when he sent me a bonus(now in pending $2400), his account got suspended.

Q: Will I receive this amount which he sent me as a bonus and is in the pending tab in reports?

check screenshots

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Irfan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

2400$ Bonus for a job that was created a day ago? This amount is not protected if the client's payment method is not good. If you had to pay things like currency or UC like the other PUBG job, that money is lost.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members