🐈
» Forums » Clients » inferior website developer
Page options
c2a13e9a
Community Member

inferior website developer

Hi there, I have been cheated by a freelancer who created a website that doesn't function properly. At the time I wasn't aware until it was discovered through end users. When I fired him , I gave him a poor review and he offered a full refund in return to a more favourable review. As a token gesture I said he could keep half and figured he could learn from this. Unfortunately I eventually found that the website did not function properly and that in time it would break down because the coding was a mess. His name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and he is from **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I regret changing my poor review in giving him 5 stars and have let him know I will have his review changed to zero stars to reflect his work unless he returns the fee. Any advice? Plse STAY AWAY from **Edited for Community Guidelines**. He produces inferior work and is incapable of executing your needs.

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

You have engaged in feedback manipulation, which is a violation of Upwork TOS.

My strong advice for you is to NOT have any further dealings with this freelancer. Do not communicate with him. Do not try to teach him any further lessons. You tried that in the past, and it didn't work out well for you.

Put yourself and your project first.

Focus on hiring freelancers who will do a better job for you. Hire freelancers who will create a well-made website for you from scratch. They can reference the current site with regards to the overall look and content, if you want them to. But they should create a clean new site that does not reuse the problematic source code of the current one.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths