🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: interview in progress?
Page options
lizzbeth55
Community Member

interview in progress?

There is a freelancer I am interested in. 

I sent her an invite, but now it shows that an interview is in progress...  does that mean she was hired by someone else?

Also, why would someone have 38% job success, but I don't see any negatives at all in her feedback...?

25 REPLIES 25
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I sent her an invite, but now it shows that an interview is in progress...  does that mean she was hired by someone else?"

The reason that it shows an interview is in progress is because you sent her an invite.

The term "interview" is used broadly here on Upwork. It basically means that a client has initiated contact with a freelancer.

That can happen as a result of the freelancer submitting a proposal and the client saying that yes, he wants to talk to the freelancer.

Or it can happen as a result of a client sending an invitation to a freelancer from out of the blue.

And, by the way, if the freelancer WAS hired by somebody else for some other project... that would not really have anything to do with you and your project. As long as a freelancer has time to attend to all of her projects, there is no limit on how many contracts she can have at any one time.

Strangely, I am not able to contact her, as there is no button to do so now.

Nabila A. Is the Freelancers name  

Hi Liz,

To clarify may I know if you tried to click on her name so you get redirected to her Profile and click the Invite to Job to proceed?

Yes, when I click on her name and then try to invite her again, this is what comes up ...interview in progress

https://prnt.sc/gkaerd

@Liz B wrote:

Yes, when I click on her name and then try to invite her again, this is what comes up ...interview in progress

https://prnt.sc/gkaerd

Hello Liz, You should have a "messages" link on the top of the Upwork page (not here). When you click it you should be able to see the messages you sent to her (like the invitation) and her reply (if any) Please write here if you can't find it. This is how those pages look from freelancer point of view:
sc.jpg

Hi, i'm not good at this to begin with but i find this app very confusing and want to hire the perfect person asap and can pay... but i keep inviting people and when i check messages, that's not there.  Also, the same error message:  Interview in progress.

What do i do next?

Liz,

Let me escalate this for further investigation. We'll reach out to you directly with updates.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I did as suggested, cleared my cache, and the same thing happens, I can bring her up, but when I try to send an invite, it says interview in progress. Not only that, but I am almost sure I sent her an invite previously, but it doesn't show on the left hand side, or anywhere under my messages.

Nabila A . is her name 

Liz,

I'll share the information you shared here with the team so they could further investigate. They'll update you directly via the ticket.

We appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi there, 

I have the exact same issue, can I get some help as well? 

thank you

Hi Chloe,

I checked and can see you invited a freelancer to one of your job posts and you've been able to communicate with them. Could you please clarify if you're referring to another freelancer or another job post?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
aa34c6bb
Community Member

Hey,

Yes I created a new private job in order to be able to invite Adam (https://www.upwork.com/ab/profiles/search/details/~0190aae55102c7dc95/profile?sqp=q%3Dfacebook%26use... )

What I did, and where I think there is a little bug in the platform is that: I went to his profile, and clicked on invite and then “choose a job” and here since my job wasn’t created yet I clicked on "create a new job & invite” - see attachment.

Now that the job is created, I can’t invite him again and it says “interview in progress” - see attachment n°2

Thank you for your help,

Chloe

Hi Chloe,

I checked and can see you were able to invite Adam when you first created the job post, you can check this by going to your job post and clicking the Invited Freelancers tab here. When a freelancer is in this tab it means the invite is pending their response, and since they're already invited, you can't invite them again.

While you're waiting for a response, you may want to consider inviting other freelancers as well so that you have more options available to you. Check out this great post on our Resource Corner about How to Choose and Interview the Right Freelancer for Your Project.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I have absolutely the same issues. I can not send the second invitation to a freelancer when I do it I see an Interview in progress, I also can not see my first invitation in messages to this freelance. =((( very disappointing, I have registered on this platform only for this one person, as he was a recommendation.

Hi Mari,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
yitwail
Community Member

@Liz B wrote:

Also, why would someone have 38% job success, but I don't see any negatives at all in her feedback...?

Liz, without seeing the freelancer's profile, there's no way of knowing, but one possibility is that the freelancer had many unsuccessful assignments, so rather than risk having negatives in the profile, she refunded all money paid for the unsuccessful jobs, because feedback is only displayed for jobs for which the freelancer was paid, but clients *can* leave private feedback even when all money is refunded, and private feedback is factored into Job Success.

John

This is the freelancer   

Nabila A.    Her success rate is now at 68%...  

Thank you!

sbilu131521
Community Member

Hi Liz,

____________________________________________________________________________________________

why would someone have 38% job success, but I don't see any negatives at all in her feedback...?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

There is another possible reason of that. If any freelancer was out of Upwork (means did not even open his/her profile) for a long time (say 1 year or more), then his/her job success rate decreases automatically. I personally know one of my friends having the same problem. She was not in Upwork for a year because of her physical illness. She was a top rated freelancer with 100% job success. When she came back after a year her job success score was 58%.

So better not judge anyone by seeing only job score.

Thanks

Sagar 

Hi Sagar,

Being absent from the platform doesn't decrease the Job Success score automatically. Yes, since the score is based on the outcomes of contracts in the last 2 years, it can change as older outcomes fall off of the calculation. However, having a low score would mean that some contracts of this freelancer had unsuccessful outcomes according to public and private feedback as well as other information the system collected about contracts the freelancer worked on.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Being absent from the platform doesn't decrease the Job Success score automatically. 

Hi Valeria,

May be I was not able to clarify my point last time. For example, if someone has a top rated badge with 90% job success. And he was out of the platform for a year, generated no income. And as a result, his last 12 months earning going down to less than 1k,.

Then is it not obvious, that he lost his top rated badge and job success score rate? As the calculation process did not find any data (last one year) to calculate. 

That was my point.

Thanks

Sagar

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sagar,

Your JSS may have a slight downfall but due to old contracts that are not calculated any more. Example if the 2 year window was from January 2015 to 2017, today it will be September 2015 - September 2017.

But for the top rated badge yes it will be lost. One of the requirements for top rated is: Freelancer needs to have 1k earnings in the past 12 months. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

If this is so, I should inform my friend. Yeah, I will. So she may check why her JSS is going too down. May be it will help her. 

Let's see.

Thanks

Sagar

9fc3e426
Community Member

Just joined Upwork, 

Sent a freelancer an invite to look at the job and respond, then later, I checked in messages  - nothing  - so I checked the saved freeelancers and it still shows "send invite "  (Shouldnt it say "invitation sent"  )

Click on the invite button (I got the strangely worded interview in progress message  , I thought it would say something practical like "invitation sent"    - I think any hallway testing in code tests would have picked up that type of work flow as communication errors in how the software should work for the end user.

Also, nothing appears in my messages.. I would have expected to something like , the actual invitation sent, but it just says ;"no messages" 

So if the invitee does not respond, then the inviter has no way of knowing if they received the invitaion, as written English saying "interview in progress doesnt mean that I am interviewing them , because I am not in invterview with the freelancer, they havent even responsed to any message, and so far as I can tell, I havent sent them one as no messages are in my messages.

all very strange. Simply go and ask employers if they find it an easy system as a first timer. Thats how you do hallway testing in software.

Needs to be worked on .

Marty:

I am having the same challenge (problem?) as you.  I sent an invite, did not recieve a reply.  On the "Invite Freelancer's" tab --- it shows for this single freelancer "Invite Sent." 

I then go to the "Invited Freelancer's" tab ----- and the invite that I sent does not show.  This is clearly a programming/process issue that needs to be solved.  

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Serena, 

I checked the job post on your account, and can see that when you click on the Invite Freelancers tab > and then the Invited Freelancers tab, there is a freelancer showing on the list. 

Are you referring to a different freelancer? 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths