cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interview in progress?

Liz B Member Since: Sep 1, 2017
1 of 20

There is a freelancer I am interested in. 

I sent her an invite, but now it shows that an interview is in progress...  does that mean she was hired by someone else?

Also, why would someone have 38% job success, but I don't see any negatives at all in her feedback...?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 20

re: "I sent her an invite, but now it shows that an interview is in progress...  does that mean she was hired by someone else?"

The reason that it shows an interview is in progress is because you sent her an invite.

The term "interview" is used broadly here on Upwork. It basically means that a client has initiated contact with a freelancer.

That can happen as a result of the freelancer submitting a proposal and the client saying that yes, he wants to talk to the freelancer.

Or it can happen as a result of a client sending an invitation to a freelancer from out of the blue.

And, by the way, if the freelancer WAS hired by somebody else for some other project... that would not really have anything to do with you and your project. As long as a freelancer has time to attend to all of her projects, there is no limit on how many contracts she can have at any one time.

3 of 20

Strangely, I am not able to contact her, as there is no button to do so now.

Nabila A. Is the Freelancers name  

Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
4 of 20

Hi Liz,

To clarify may I know if you tried to click on her name so you get redirected to her Profile and click the Invite to Job to proceed?

Lanie M
Untitled
5 of 20

Yes, when I click on her name and then try to invite her again, this is what comes up ...interview in progress

https://prnt.sc/gkaerd

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
6 of 20

@Liz B wrote:

Yes, when I click on her name and then try to invite her again, this is what comes up ...interview in progress

https://prnt.sc/gkaerd

Hello Liz, You should have a "messages" link on the top of the Upwork page (not here). When you click it you should be able to see the messages you sent to her (like the invitation) and her reply (if any) Please write here if you can't find it. This is how those pages look from freelancer point of view:
sc.jpg

SKJ J Member Since: Mar 25, 2018
7 of 20

Hi, i'm not good at this to begin with but i find this app very confusing and want to hire the perfect person asap and can pay... but i keep inviting people and when i check messages, that's not there.  Also, the same error message:  Interview in progress.

What do i do next?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 20

Liz,

Let me escalate this for further investigation. We'll reach out to you directly with updates.

~ Valeria
Untitled
9 of 20

I did as suggested, cleared my cache, and the same thing happens, I can bring her up, but when I try to send an invite, it says interview in progress. Not only that, but I am almost sure I sent her an invite previously, but it doesn't show on the left hand side, or anywhere under my messages.

Nabila A . is her name 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 20

Liz,

I'll share the information you shared here with the team so they could further investigate. They'll update you directly via the ticket.

We appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS