🐈
» Forums » Clients » is there a commission for starting creating O...
Page options
tanujwadhwa
Community Member

is there a commission for starting creating Or after contract has started , for clients

Hi,

Especailly for clients :

I'd really appreciate if someone could plase inform me if there is a commission for

1. creating a project/contract

2. after contract has started

3. cancelling a contract while project is ongoing?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Tanuj W wrote:

I'd really appreciate if someone could plase inform me if there is a commission for

1. creating a project/contract

2. after contract has started

3. cancelling a contract while project is ongoing?

1. and 2. Clients are charged a 3% payment processing charge on all payments they make regardless of when those payments are made. No "commission" though.

3. No.

Thaks Petra,

just clarifying - 

from start to end  about payments made by client, the client looses 3% of the project amount if he did the folllowing :

1. when a client start a project and its is accepted by a freelancer and the project has started formally. so this means the client has paid 3% of the project amount.by this time.

2. but for the project (which has formaly started by then) and the client cancels it (say, no longer needed) they are not charged?

3. And is the processing part of Project amount ?

Tanuj W wrote:

just clarifying - 

from start to end  about payments made by client, the client looses 3% of the project amount if he did the folllowing :

1. when a client start a project and its is accepted by a freelancer and the project has started formally. so this means the client has paid 3% of the project amount.by this time.

2. but for the project (which has formaly started by then) and the client cancels it (say, no longer needed) they are not charged?

3. And is the processing part of Project amount ?

No. As I said, it is 3% of any payment. Not the project amount, which may be different.

That means the client may be charged for a milestone of $100, they'll pay $3 fee. If it is an hourly job and the freelancer worked 20 hours at $20 an hour the week before, the client is billed $412 on Monday.

If the client cancels, they don't get the payment processing fee back if they get money back they have already paid.

The money is paid by the client in addition to the project. It is not part of the budget and doesn't have anything to do with the freelancer.

Why are you asking?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths