🐈
» Forums » Clients » is
Page options
robynch
Community Member

is

How is it possible to have clients, with over 100 jobs posted and a 50% hire rate, not know about the time tracking software ?

This is from a job post I saw minutes ago. "I will require you to use some sort of time tracker that will help with accountability but is not invasive."

I've also have Upwork experienced clients who didn't know about the chat and calling system.  Is it possible that the concerns about so many freelancers applying for jobs isn't the problem as much as clients who don't know how to use a website maybe shouldn't be relying on one to hire people ?  Or could some clients be piggy backing on each others accounts to make them look like big paying big hiring employers ?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Robyn H wrote:

How is it possible to have clients, with over 100 jobs posted and a 50% hire rate, not know about the time tracking software ?

This is from a job post I saw minutes ago. "I will require you to use some sort of time tracker that will help with accountability but is not invasive."

Generally it is clients who post their jobs on a bunch of platforms and just use a template.

Or a client account belonngs to a company and a new colleague is posting a job.

Or the client only hired for fixed rate contracts

I only got as far as $ 11 an hour before laughing anyway.

lysis10
Community Member

This platform isn't going to work out well for you if you don't understand that clients just want to hire someone and don't care or know about all the garbage that freelancers complain about.

Maybe he doesn't know about the tracker. Who cares? Maybe he doesn't know how to use the platform. Who cares? Clients don't need to know how Upwork works to find a freelancer. You can tell him what to do if he decides to hire you.

hodgesh
Community Member

Robyn H wrote:

Is it possible that the concerns about so many freelancers applying for jobs isn't the problem as much as clients who don't know how to use a website maybe shouldn't be relying on one to hire people ?

No, it's not possible. Ignorant clients and confusing job posts are not good reasons for spamming proposals.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths