🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: job post visibility set to "anyone" but d...
Page options
8efae360
Community Member

job post visibility set to "anyone" but does not show in google and cannot be viewed by "anyone"

I have set my job posting visibility to "anyone" but the job is not showing in google. If I try to send the link to the job post to someone, it shows an error page that the post is only visible to upwork users. I have tripple checked the visibility setting and it is set correctly. What gives?

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dade,

I looked into your job post and can see that you have also set a location requirement for this job, which is set to U.S. Upwork freelancers only. 

I will go ahead and check with the team if this is working as designed, and I'll come back here once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
8efae360
Community Member

Ah, ok. My confusion would still be that the settings page for that specifically says "These location preferences will be displayed to freelancers and agencies, but anyone can submit proposals."

If only U.S. freelancers can submit proposals, it seems like the page contradicts itself. Also, it seems to be an error that the posting would not be viewable from search engines as it also is specifically stated that it will be.

Thank you for checking into this!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dade, 

I looked into this together with a Technical Support Engineer, and we were able to replicate the issue. We also think that this is not working as designed, and the team will investigate it further. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you so that you can be updated with more information about your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dade, 

I apologise for the delay. Please know that the team is working on a fix for this soon. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you, and thank you for your patience. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths