Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logo design work

0f7ddd46
mamta b Member Since: Sep 14, 2016
1 of 4

Hi there!

I am a new client looking for a pro to build a logo for my home based business.

I hired someone from the list and sent them the proposal to work for me.

But they didnt reply back..

I want to know how long I need to wait.

I already made partial payment.

So can I get to choose another pro?

Thanks,

Mamta

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

You don't need to wait!

In fact, it is normal to hire multiple people right off the bat to work on creative projects like this, so that you can see different ideas and choose your favorite. That's what I do.

As for the contractor who did not turn anything in yet... When you say "pay", do you mean you funded escrow for a fixed-price contract? If so, you can close the contract and request the payment refunded to you. A respectable contractor who was too busy to work on your project or who blew off your deadline for any reason will be happy to agree to refund whatever you paid.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 4

@Preston H wrote:

As for the contractor who did not turn anything in yet... When you say "pay", do you mean you funded escrow for a fixed-price contract? If so, you can close the contract

There IS no contract. The freelancer never accepted

OP, just click on "withdraw offer!"

sam-sly
Community Guru
Samantha S Member Since: Jun 23, 2016
4 of 4

@mamta b wrote:

Hi there!

I am a new client looking for a pro to build a logo for my home based business.

I hired someone from the list and sent them the proposal to work for me.

But they didnt reply back..

I want to know how long I need to wait.

I already made partial payment.

So can I get to choose another pro?

Thanks,

Mamta

Did the freelancer accept your proposal? If so, did you set a deadline for the work? 

A lot of busy, in-demand freelancers schedule their work a week or so out depending on the deadlines. 

If you didn't this time, it is always a good idea to discuss the freelancer's availability and turn-around time before you make the offer. It is also a good idea to include whatever deadline the two of you agreed to within the funded milestone. 

That way, the freelancer knows when you expect the work, and you know when to expect it. I don't know your freelancer or the situation, but it may be that he or she is busy working on your project or other client's projects. 

How long has it been since you sent the offer?

Assuming you paid through a funded milestone on Upwork, the freelancer won't get the money until he or she submits the work.  Not even then, you have 14 days to approve it or request revisions. If you don't respond, the freelancer receives the payment, and if you approve it, then it happens faster. So assuming you set everything up correctly, your money should be pretty safe. I am just a freelancer (and possible future client) so at this point, I only know what happens on the freelancer's end.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS